By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
Zones said:

But his comment was not off-topic. I feel like it's universally accepted that you can make a side or off topic commentary if your general comment is relevant to the topic at hand.

In JRPGfan's case, he initially said something completely relevant to the main topic, then he jokingly made a generalisation, which was also partially relevant to the OP's content (see the interview in which it talks about France being the largest jRPG market, which indicates that UK would be smaller in that regard).

Basically, calling JRPGfan's comment off-topic is clearly not accurate.

Part of it is how much that has been said. Lately, it has become the 'thing' to say Britain has 'no taste in games' (or questionable tastes). Plenty of people don't appreciate that, so even jokes like that will strike nerves. 

Question: do people who take jabs at America get similar moderations? I don't really pay much attention to what becomes of those posts, but I do see them on occasion.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Azuren said:

Question: do people who take jabs at America get similar moderations? I don't really pay much attention to what becomes of those posts, but I do see them on occasion.

Depends on the severity, but usually, some action is taken.

Wouldn't a warning be enough? I think it was pretty harmless and not to be taken serious.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I fail to see why we cant call the british people out after certain stupidities they recently made, expecially in a jokingly manner

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:
I fail to see why we cant call the british people out after certain stupidities they recently made, expecially in a jokingly manner

For the most part British people don't do stupid things as a collective group. So shouldn't you be calling out the individuals responsible for said stupidity rather than British people generally?

Besides, what counts as a "stupidity" to you may not to other people...

I don't think "British" is meant to be taken in a generalized form. Rather in the context of what is being said which is applied to the British people who fall in the category of the context. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

For the most part British people don't do stupid things as a collective group. So shouldn't you be calling out the individuals responsible for said stupidity rather than British people generally?

Besides, what counts as a "stupidity" to you may not to other people...

They did just convict someone for making a Nazi joke...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
VersusEvil said:

If those comments he's taken a screencap of didn't get you banned then him reposting them won't get you banned unless you react. Just report and try to ignore him. "Stalkers" just want your attention.

Too late i already responded to him xD.

I am not afraid of my previous comments, the comments are normal, his attempts too make me "look bad " are getting pathetic , its been over a year he got upset by a comment i made. Gaming is serious stuff, its like a insulted his mom or something. I will try to ignore him next time, and next time i will report him. 

What's all this then? I wanna see the stalker.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I have a stalker on vgchartz,i am trying to know how to deal with this guy, dude have a file with all my comments or something , he is trying to make me lose my mind and get me banned, i think its is goal.

Its just sad. he is probably print screening this comment now for his file.

Send a PM with your concerns and any proof you may have to Miguel_Zorro, CGI-Quality and/or Ryuu96.

Carl said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I have a stalker on vgchartz,i am trying to know how to deal with this guy, dude have a file with all my comments or something , he is trying to make me lose my mind and get me banned, i think its is goal.

Its just sad. he is probably print screening this comment now for his file.

Send a PM with your concerns and any proof you may have to Miguel_Zorro, CGI-Quality and/or Ryuu96.

=O the 2291 is gone!

CGI-Quality said:
Hello everyone. I’ve extended our Thread Creation Rule to include the following...

- Engage the thread. Don’t simply create a topic and not post again. Add some of your own thoughts and views. Moderators can lock and moderate you should this be ignored and if you are a frequent offender.

We too often have hit-and-run threads and I decided that we needed to add a little something that invites more productivity.

Nice, I definitely agree with this rule.

CGI-Quality said:
Hello everyone. I’ve extended our Thread Creation Rule to include the following...

- Engage the thread. Don’t simply create a topic and not post again. Add some of your own thoughts and views. Moderators can lock and moderate you should this be ignored and if you are a frequent offender.

We too often have hit-and-run threads and I decided that we needed to add a little something that invites more productivity.

Finafuckingly! :D