By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:
Angry was already busted for having an alt account very early on. I've seen vivster get accused of being RolStoppable, and Kerotan was Onekartvita. I'm still working on the theory that I was onionberry. Google has yielded some interesting results, but it could be simply due to my personalized search algorithm and me being a stalker.

I personally think Kerotan = RolStoppable. It just makes so much sense!

That would blownmy mind and i think i would need to retire forums for a long time

Around the Network
vivster said:

Constantly begging for mod powers is the perfect cover story, Carl!

I can't be Carl, I only buy Nintendo products.

Edit - Damn, wrong account.

Last edited by Carl - on 01 February 2018

Talking about alts, what about this guy: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/146852/niceguygameplayer/ ?

There are too many similarities for it to be coincidence.

CGI-Quality said:
Flilix said:

Talking about alts, what about this guy: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/146852/niceguygameplayer/ ?

Similarity to who?

Gamemaster4747, I asked him about it on his wall.

RolStoppable said:
Flilix said:

I don't think they match despite the similarities. If they were the same person, then niceguygameplayer would have melted down all the same, but he didn't.

You could argue that he changed, but that's incredibly rare past a certain age. If both have been truthful about their age, then they are well beyond that point.

Niceguygameplayer did mention that he 'needed a break from all the angry Nintendo fans here'. So it seems like he still finds it hard to handle these kinds of things. He just learned that insulting people too much gets him a permaban.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I personally think Kerotan = RolStoppable. It just makes so much sense!

That would blownmy mind and i think i would need to retire forums for a long time

You thought the body guard project was to simply protect you all this time?

RolStoppable said:
Flilix said:

Niceguygameplayer did mention that he 'needed a break from all the angry Nintendo fans here'. So it seems like he still finds it hard to handle these kinds of things. He just learned that insulting people too much gets him a permaban.

gamemaster's ego was on a whole nother level. And yes, that's saying something. He made multiple threads where he put his username in the thread title.

There's also a vastly different general approach. One was going to war with Xbox, the other couldn't stop educating Nintendo fans.

He probably still considers himself to be the gamemaster, but he can't use that name anymore. Gamemaster was not anti-Nintendo, but it seems like he was very unhappy with the direction Nintendo was taking. Niceguygameplayer also mentioned that he used to like Nintendo. Maybe he just thought there weren't enough XBox fans anymore to attack?

Also, I found two more little things:

• They both punctuate most of their thread titles. Very few people do this.
  • They both say 'blogs' instead of 'threads' [1] [2]. Have you ever seen anyone else do this.

Edit: They both also listed their consoles. Exactly the same lists.

Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, NES, Sega CD, Playstation,Sega Saturn, Gameboy Advance, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, and PS3

Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega CD, Playstation, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, and PS3.

Last edited by Flilix - on 01 February 2018

Flilix said:

• They both say 'blogs' instead of 'threads' [1] [2]. Have you ever seen anyone else do this.

HOLY SHIT!! This is the nail in the coffin imo. Too much of a coincidence.

Also, I laughed my ass off thinking about how niceguy thinks threads are "blogs"

Flilix said:
RolStoppable said:

gamemaster's ego was on a whole nother level. And yes, that's saying something. He made multiple threads where he put his username in the thread title.

There's also a vastly different general approach. One was going to war with Xbox, the other couldn't stop educating Nintendo fans.

He probably still considers himself to be the gamemaster, but he can't use that name anymore. Gamemaster was not anti-Nintendo, but it seems like he was very unhappy with the direction Nintendo was taking. Niceguygameplayer also mentioned that he used to like Nintendo. Maybe he just thought there weren't enough XBox fans anymore to attack?

Edit: They both also listed their consoles. Exactly the same lists.

Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, NES, Sega CD, Playstation,Sega Saturn, Gameboy Advance, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, and PS3

Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega CD, Playstation, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, and PS3.

You already had a very compelling case before this post. I'm thinking you drilled it though. The differences Rol pointed out are legit, and had me doubting you. Gamemaster was (is) a fascinating *personality. Kudos to him for being adaptive enough to create an alt that avoided the same behavior that sunk his original account. Assuming this is what's happening. And good on you for heading down to the crime lab and busting the case wide open.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 01 February 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:

Refering to threads as blogs is an excellent point. That's such an odd thing that the chance for mere coincidence is very low. Both list their favorite genres as "JRPG's and fighting games" and there's no apostrophe in JRPGs. That's nowhere near as incrimental evidence as calling threads "blogs", but it's another match.

You convinced me. Looks like a case of adaptive behavior similar to AEGRO/ThisGuyFooks. I didn't have that one on my watchlist either, because the favorite choice of target had changed. AEGRO got permabanned first and foremost for Nintendo trolling, so his new account focused on putting down all things Xbox and only occasionally did he say things about Nintendo, plus he made an effort to say positive things about Switch on many occasions. gamemaster4747 went from Xbox trolling to picking Nintendo as his favorite target. The personalities remained the same, but their output materialized in notably different ways.

The majority of alt accounts don't make much of an effort to defy previous patterns, so they are rather easy to identify. Of those that do make efforts, they start to feel safe after a while, so they fall back into their old patterns before too long.

The odd thing with this guy is that while he did try to change his character, he somehow forgot to change any of his personal information.