By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Goodnightmoon said:
RolStoppable said:

There will still be people who think that I go too far in what I say and how I say it, but it needs to be remembered that my approach comes with a big risk to backfire. If I don't turn out to be right on something, there will be plenty of people waiting to beat me down. Knowing that, I need to be careful with what I post because everything could come back to haunt me. If I had to name the one thing that pisses off people the most about me, it's that such an occasion happens only rarely. And yes, this once again comes across as arrogant, but I am usually right or at the very least I am more often right than the average VGC member.

I know this guy has a gigantic ego and maybe he is way less confident than what he believes... but this is absolutely truth and highly underrated around here. Time keeps proving this guy is right almost always, he may be a bit incorrect and arrogant at times but in exchange he deeply thinks what he says, he usually doesn't just write the first shit that comes to his mind and time proves again and again that his mind actually works, something that can't be said about a lot of people around here, why do you insist on banning a user like this over and over is beyond me specially when there is a number of well known trolls you do nothing about simply because they are relatively polite.

This bans are unnecessary cause he is not gonna change and you know it, you could permaban him already for all that matters, but then again that would be a huge mistake since, like it or not, he is clearly one of the smartest guys around here, what he adds to VGC goes above the little infractions he makes, so at this point is just a matter of priorities.

So you think that the mods should let him do as he pleases with everyone in spite of the rules because he's just Rol? If he's one of the smartest guys around, surely he can learn to behave and treat others as he would like to be treated. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I know this guy has a gigantic ego and maybe he is way less confident than what he believes... but this is absolutely truth and highly underrated around here. Time keeps proving this guy is right almost always, he may be a bit incorrect and arrogant at times but in exchange he deeply thinks what he says, he usually doesn't just write the first shit that comes to his mind and time proves again and again that his mind actually works, something that can't be said about a lot of people around here, why do you insist on banning a user like this over and over is beyond me specially when there is a number of well known trolls you do nothing about simply because they are relatively polite.

This bans are unnecessary cause he is not gonna change and you know it, you could permaban him already for all that matters, but then again that would be a huge mistake since, like it or not, he is clearly one of the smartest guys around here, what he adds to VGC goes above the little infractions he makes, so at this point is just a matter of priorities.

So you think that the mods should let him do as he pleases with everyone in spite of the rules because he's just Rol? If he's one of the smartest guys around, surely he can learn to behave and treat others as he would like to be treated. 

I think he has been here long enough to know he is not gonna change, stubborness is compatible with intelligence and I don't think he would mind if someone said he lacks common sense as long as that person gives a good explanation of why he believes that.

Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

I think he has been here long enough to know he is not gonna change, stubborness is compatible with intelligence and I don't think he would mind if someone said he lacks common sense as long as that person gives a good explanation of why he believes that.

You know, it's not him being right that I have a problem with, it's the way he talks to others.

Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

Being right occasionally is not a free pass to be rude.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

But he is not THAT rude, there are people in VGC that are way more toxic and offer way less to the place but are rarely moderated just because they are "polite"

I rather have a user that tells you "You are being an idiot because...." and then offers you a well thought explanation of why he thinks that than the amount of polite trolls with questionable intentions and no rational thought whatsoever that we have around, seriously some people only come here to downgrade things and all their predictions are wrong yet they are rarely moderated, but seems like vgc preffers users like that to users like Rol.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

Why don't you guys give other users like kerotan the same curtesy then if a user has been here awhile and we know they won't change? Could you cut the fan club bias out?  'but rol is special case....." blah blah blah. There's a million holes in your logic.

A dog can be taught to not go to the bathroom in the house, to do entertaining tricks and attack/defend/track/sniff out drugs on command. I think that Rol can learn how not to attack other users' character and just go after their points instead. Am I being unreasonable about this? 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Now that Rol is banned, the two users that make this site go 'round are banned

What are we gonna do guys?

Goodnightmoon said:

But he is not THAT rude, there are people in VGC that are way more toxic and offer way less to the place but are rarely moderated just because they are "polite"

I rather have a user that tells you "You are being an idiot because...." and then offers you a well thought explanation of why he thinks that than the amount of polite trolls with questionable intentions and no rational though whatsoever that we have around, seriously some people only come here to downgrade things and all their predictions are wrong yet they are rarely moderated, but seems like vgc preffers users like that to users like Rol.

My post wasn't meant to be a defense of other people, in fact I didn't bring up anyone other than Rol. Your post is whataboutism.

Aeolus451 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Why don't you guys give other users like kerotan the same curtesy then if a user has been here awhile and we know they won't change? Could you cut the fan club bias out?  'but rol is special case....." blah blah blah. There's a million holes in your logic.

A dog can be taught to not go to the bathroom in the house, to do entertaining tricks and attack/defend/track/sniff out drugs on command. I think that Rol can learn how not to attack other users' character and just go after their points instead. Am I being unreasonable about this? 

I just think at some point you got to make a balance, what the user offers vs the problems he provokes, and also we can't use the rules as a dogma, every case is different, some people may call you an idiot in a hateful way just to make you feel bad about yourself, others are not that serious and they may be telling you that just because they think they may help you to change, just as an example Rol used to call Curl "idiot" a lot when Curl was being extremelly negative about everything, but we know Rol and we know he loves Curl and he is not saying that to hurt anyone, in fact Curl later recognised he was blinded by his own fears and overly negative just as Rol said, yeah technically he shouldn't be saying the word idiot but he has been here long enough to know there is no bad intention behind and that should count, specially if he is right, I'm not exactly a fan of his and I have been the target of his rudeness too, but never made me feel like there was an offensive intention behind, is important to see the difference and I'm sure most mods see the difference, but they keep banning him even knowing they are gonna achieve nothing.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Now that Rol is banned, the two users that make this site go 'round are banned

What are we gonna do guys?

Post like usual.