By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:

I was talking about the ideas and you were attacking me as a person over and over in spite of me asking you to cut the shit out so we could get back to discussing the topic but no, you weren't insulting me by your book. Before you try to play innocent in this thread that weren't doing that, I'll nip it in the butt beforehand. 

"Likewise, the word "idiot" is frowned upon, but telling someone that they aren't the brightest bulb in the room or the sharpest tool in the shed is perfectly fine.

Say the same thing in more words, that's all there is to it. You can be equally or more condescending without problems as long as you avoid being blunt and totally honest."

Quoted from here from Rol himself. Just in case someone can't click on the link. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8559974

"You lack common sense" is blunt and totally honest, and it means exactly what it says. You made the argument that Nintendo needs to launch a 128GB Switch SKU for $350 when right now people can buy a $300 Switch and a 128GB micro SD card for under $50 which totals to more storage for a lower price. Someone who makes such an argument lacks common sense and saying so is not a condescending statement.

Or you spend $350 on a 128gb Switch and $50 on a 128gb SD to have 256gb instead of 160gb. To argue that would mean you lack common sense. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Lol seeing Rol say "Let me tell you" to a mod is hilarious xD. 

Does anyone else have this problem with the site?

My profile drop down is cut off

RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Lol seeing Rol say "Let me tell you" to a mod is hilarious xD. 

Does anyone else have this problem with the site?

My profile drop down is cut off

It's the height of your avatar that causes the problem.

Thanks Rol That sucks. I was fearing that might be the issue. *sigh*

Ummm [points finger] Rol just said Alchemist's height is a problem!!!! Personal Attack, Personal Attack ! You see i'm not entirely confident so I wanted the attention ... for attention's sake of course

Bristow9091 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Ummm [points finger] Rol just said Alchemist's height is a problem!!!! Personal Attack, Personal Attack ! You see i'm not entirely confident so I wanted the attention ... for attention's sake of course

Lol. This works way more having seen the anime ... hahaaaaaaaaa

I just reported a post for back seat moderating. Only to realise after the post is from ages ago. If already dealt with feel free to ignore but can I bring up this issue.

Back seat modding has plagued so many threads lately. I feel it's because mods have not punished this offence much lately so posters feel they can get away with it.

I'd be interested to hear the mods thoughts and even regular posters opinions on this.

RolStoppable said:

There will still be people who think that I go too far in what I say and how I say it, but it needs to be remembered that my approach comes with a big risk to backfire. If I don't turn out to be right on something, there will be plenty of people waiting to beat me down. Knowing that, I need to be careful with what I post because everything could come back to haunt me. If I had to name the one thing that pisses off people the most about me, it's that such an occasion happens only rarely. And yes, this once again comes across as arrogant, but I am usually right or at the very least I am more often right than the average VGC member.

I know this guy has a gigantic ego and maybe he is way less confident than what he believes... but this is absolutely truth and highly underrated around here. Time keeps proving this guy is right almost always, he may be a bit incorrect and arrogant at times but in exchange he deeply thinks what he says, he usually doesn't just write the first shit that comes to his mind and time proves again and again that his mind actually works, something that can't be said about a lot of people around here, why do you insist on banning a user like this over and over is beyond me specially when there is a number of well known trolls you do nothing about simply because they are relatively polite.

This bans are unnecessary cause he is not gonna change and you know it, you could permaban him already for all that matters, but then again that would be a huge mistake since, like it or not, he is clearly one of the smartest guys around here, what he adds to VGC goes above the little infractions he makes, so at this point is just a matter of priorities.

Goodnightmoon said:
RolStoppable said:

There will still be people who think that I go too far in what I say and how I say it, but it needs to be remembered that my approach comes with a big risk to backfire. If I don't turn out to be right on something, there will be plenty of people waiting to beat me down. Knowing that, I need to be careful with what I post because everything could come back to haunt me. If I had to name the one thing that pisses off people the most about me, it's that such an occasion happens only rarely. And yes, this once again comes across as arrogant, but I am usually right or at the very least I am more often right than the average VGC member.

I know this guy has a gigantic ego and maybe he is way less confident than what he believes... but this is absolutely truth and highly underrated around here. Time keeps proving this guy is right almost always, he may be a bit incorrect and arrogant at times but in exchange he deeply thinks what he says, he usually doesn't just write the first shit that comes to his mind and time proves again and again that his mind actually works, something that can't be said about a lot of people around here, why do you insist on banning a user like this over and over is beyond me specially when there is a number of well known trolls you do nothing about simply because they are relatively polite.

This bans are unnecessary cause he is not gonna change and you know it, you could permaban him already for all that matters, but then again that would be a huge mistake since, like it or not, he is clearly one of the smartest guys around here, what he adds to VGC goes above the little infractions he makes, so at this point is just a matter of priorities.

So you're one of the average VGC members.

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

So you're one of the average VGC members.

I was talking about Rol though, don't start with your games, I already know them.