By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So me and my GF broke up after 3 years...

So what do you think of my decision to be like barney...

Great choice man, I mean you're only 26 :) 32 35.16%

WTF is your problem man? 20 21.98%

Alright I guess? 39 42.86%

Total:91

I had a co worker who stayed single. He had lots of cash, several expensive sports cars and a very large home. I know many who have had several kids and are flat broke and living paycheck to paycheck. Kids are nice and its rewarding to spend time with my nephew and niece. But its serious business.

In the end, no one can live your life for you but you. Relax. Things will work out the way they were supposed to when they are supposed to. As for your friend, I think she should consider grief counseling. I bet it must be really hard on her and she probably took things out on you when she didn't mean to, but this situation is life altering. I hope she finds her way.

Around the Network
TheGreatOther said:
barneystinson69 said:

I still think that was a bit far man. I mean how the hell can someone be blamed for something that is not under their control?

I think your girlfriend understood where i'm coming from.

Men usually lash out at their gf/wives if they lose their job and can't earn because they feel unmanly.

And your gf was lashing out at you by picking on thongs that didn't bother her before she started feeling like less of a woman due to her inability to bear children.

I did see it as a bit unfair she was lashing out towards me for her inability to have kids, but I would've never broken up with her because of that. There where obviously more factors that led to our breakup, and while the infertility thing was a big blow, it wasn't what ended our relationship.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

bunchanumbers said:
I had a co worker who stayed single. He had lots of cash, several expensive sports cars and a very large home. I know many who have had several kids and are flat broke and living paycheck to paycheck. Kids are nice and its rewarding to spend time with my nephew and niece. But its serious business.

In the end, no one can live your life for you but you. Relax. Things will work out the way they were supposed to when they are supposed to. As for your friend, I think she should consider grief counseling. I bet it must be really hard on her and she probably took things out on you when she didn't mean to, but this situation is life altering. I hope she finds her way.

I'll certainly bring it up if I talk to her again. I'm pretty sure I did ask her once if she wanted to have counseling, but I don't think we spoke much about it because she was frankly very inclusive about this, and it always led to an argument if I brought up the issue.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

So you will dump another woman and repeat the same thing until you have kid ? And i bet i feel a bit sad about the woman you just dump.

Azuren said:
First of all, wtf to the two haters?

And I'm going through divorce myself right now. It's mutual, though it involves a child and none of what we want surrounding what I consider to be my only reason for waking up everyday is amicable.

Be thankful you didn't get married or have children. It makes the split so much easier.

That sounds rough. I'm really sorry to hear that.

I wish you the best.

Around the Network

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I gotta read up on this thread tomorrow.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TheGreatOther said:
You should've dumped her when u found out she was barren. if she can't have kids, she's not a real woman.

Wt actual fuck u gotta be trolling? 

Ventura said:
barneystinson69 said:

Why did you post here then, and also I am requesting a mod to move this to the general discussion.

No why did YOU post here. This is a post about your personal life, why are you sharing it with people who don't know who you are on a video game website that revolves around video games and video game sales?

You might not be aware because it's 2017....but you don't have to actually share every part of your life on the internet. It's ok for strangers to not know about your relationship problems.

You don't have to read it or even answer man

Better to break up now then realize it at age 30-32 or whatever.

And yeah I can see how being told you're infertile could be devastating to a woman (or man for that matter).