By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So me and my GF broke up after 3 years...

So what do you think of my decision to be like barney...

Great choice man, I mean you're only 26 :) 32 35.16%

WTF is your problem man? 20 21.98%

Alright I guess? 39 42.86%

Total:91

You're not even 30 yet, no reason to settle down.
just enjoy life, and let things happen

Around the Network

It's good that you managed to break up on good terms. It sucks that the relationship didn't turn out the way you wanted, but keep your chin up. Take it in stride, be yourself, and enjoy life.

barneystinson69 said:
Ventura said:
Nobody cares about your life story. What we would like to know is why you posted your sob story on the gaming discussion when it has nothing to do with games.

Why did you post here then, and also I am requesting a mod to move this to the general discussion.

No why did YOU post here. This is a post about your personal life, why are you sharing it with people who don't know who you are on a video game website that revolves around video games and video game sales?

You might not be aware because it's 2017....but you don't have to actually share every part of your life on the internet. It's ok for strangers to not know about your relationship problems.

First of all, wtf to the two haters?

And I'm going through divorce myself right now. It's mutual, though it involves a child and none of what we want surrounding what I consider to be my only reason for waking up everyday is amicable.

Be thankful you didn't get married or have children. It makes the split so much easier.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
First of all, wtf to the two haters?

And I'm going through divorce myself right now. It's mutual, though it involves a child and none of what we want surrounding what I consider to be my only reason for waking up everyday is amicable.

Be thankful you didn't get married or have children. It makes the split so much easier.

Damn man. Heard the hell custody can be with a child, and how the male is usually significantly disadvantaged. I can only wish you the best.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
TheGreatOther said:
You should've dumped her when u found out she was barren. if she can't have kids, she's not a real woman.

Wtf is wrong with you? 

It happens. Good relationships do not end. Time to move on.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

barneystinson69 said:

Yes, this was a real girlfriend, and no, I'm not running into bars and screaming at the top of my lungs that I'm single again like Barney would. Now let me get into this.

3 years ago, I met this girl at a party. I was 23 years old, not realling looking for anything serious, and I will admit I just wanted to hook up with chicks and continue that life till I was 40. I also regularly trolled on forums, and I will admit when I first joined vgchartz, I planned on being banned within 60 days (of course, I came to love this community, and would never consider doing that again). Of course, 26 year old (nearly 27) me realized that is rediculous, I mean I've already toned myself back already. But I met this girl, andlong story short we started to like each other, and things got serious. She moved in last year, we even for a time joked about one day having kids, and I will admit she and I may not have necessarly tried to prevent that. So things where great, till around 6 months ago. We found out that she was infertile, and that she could probably never have kids. I honestly didn't care about that, I mean I didn't want kids right now, and there are plenty of others available.  Now I'm not going to go into significant details of how things degrated from there, but I think this was far more devistating to her than it was to me. We started fighting all the time about where we were going, and she started to even dig into my hobby of video games, and how I'm too pre-occupied with gaming and how I should play yes (yes, she just insulted all of us). Things where bad, and when we were on vacation in November, things where just really bad. We were always doing our own thing, we never slept in the same bed, it was clear the relationship was coming to an end.

Now I remember last month when going to San Diego that people told me I should go home from that conference because of that flight issue, but to be honest I didn't want to go home. I had 4 days by myself in the nice marriot hotel in downtown San Diego, and I just felt like I was free. At that point, I knew that this relationship needed to end. If things are going bad for both of us, there is no point in keeping the relationship going. 

So over the past few days, I've tried to get this out to my GF, and ultimately have been trying to avoid vgchartz till I final,y when through with it. I finally got to talk to her about this last night, and after long hours of talking, we ultimately both decided that this relationship isn't working, and that it was time to end things. We ultimately ended up on good terms, she's moving out and planning to stay with a friend till she can find a place, and I mean thats about that for this chapter of my life. But I also think to myself, I'm going to be 30 in 3 years. And by then, there is no way I want to always be out there, but I'm still only 26, I mean Ted Mosby was 26 when HIMYM started, and there is no way it'll take me 8 years to find somebody for me. So you know what, I think I will give myself a "barney year". Till I am 28 years old, all I will try to do is go for one night stands with other people, and only sleep with women once. I know that may sound sad for some, but damn it the 23 year old in me would want it! And no, I am not joking, damn it why do you think I still have him on my avatar! Anyway, thats all I have to say.

Sorry to hear about that man. I mean, I'm glad to hear you're out of a bad relationship, but it still sucks that it went bad in the first place. I end a 4+ year relationship end a couple of years ago and it was a similar deal. Things just weren't going right and we knew we had to end it. Take some time and just be you for a bit, you'll be fine.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Lawlight said:
TheGreatOther said:
You should've dumped her when u found out she was barren. if she can't have kids, she's not a real woman.

Wtf is wrong with you? 

WTF is wrong with me? Bearing children is the primary function of a female.

Any man who fails to provide for his children (the primary function of a male) is told by everyone and their mother that he's not a real man.

These are biological truths that won't change no matter how disturbing you find them.

Ventura said:
barneystinson69 said:

Why did you post here then, and also I am requesting a mod to move this to the general discussion.

No why did YOU post here. This is a post about your personal life, why are you sharing it with people who don't know who you are on a video game website that revolves around video games and video game sales?

You might not be aware because it's 2017....but you don't have to actually share every part of your life on the internet. It's ok for strangers to not know about your relationship problems.

We're a community here. If he feels comfortable and wants to talk with people here about what's going on in his life than he is more than welcome. If you don't want to be a part of that, avoid the thread or avoid the forums. 

This is your problem, not his.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.