By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm quite sure we have discussed the abstraction level before and you were certain that Sony and MS were at the same level of close to the metal programing.

And recent things made me believe that is not the case. Thing is, we never know because we don't have access to the SDKs and the devkits. To me it seems like a valid explanation of the recent happenings - if you have a different or better explanation, please provide us with your thoughts.

Ok, so you changed your stance on it, no problem. At least whatever minute difference on how low is the access level and how much abstraction is involved it doesn't seem to affect to much the use on Xbox and allowed for BC.

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

So I'm putting words in your mouth when I assume you believed in the power of the cloud and also when I say you weren't believing and have said so? Strange thing

STOP IT. No, I did not believe in the power of the cloud like advertised. I was discussing the technical feasability instead of people just calling it bullshit. I know this topic and many other go over the head for many people and most just parrot what they read on forums but that's how it is.

What is strange is still that you are assuming it and have absolutely no proof of that, yet you insist because of whatever makes you think I did/do.

ok

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I just thought of something. The XBO was meant to be 8 times the power of the 360.

But with the #CLOUD it was meant to be 32 times the power of the 360.

So with the cloud it would be 4 times more powerful... the Scorpio is going to be a little over 4 times more powerful.... so...

Scorpio IS THE CLOUD?!?!?! You won't buy a Scoprio, the Scorpio will give you 6TFlops of power through the magic of the cloud!

Barkley said:

I just thought of something. The XBO was meant to be 8 times the power of the 360.

So with the cloud it would be 4 times more powerful... the Scorpio is going to be a little over 4 times more powerful.... so...

Scorpio IS THE CLOUD?!?!?! You won't buy a Scoprio, the Scorpio will give you 6TFlops of power through the magic of the cloud!

Do you even know what the cloud is?

Barkley said:

Wow, people are really still making jokes of this? This is even funnier than the desperate attempt of making cloud jokes :D

walsufnir said:

Wow, people are really still making jokes of this? This is even funnier than the desperate attempt of making cloud jokes :D

I'm sorry, it amuses me, I hadn't seen the cloud mentioned for a long time but someone posted that image yesterday.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
walsufnir said:

I'm sorry, it amuses me, I hadn't seen the cloud mentioned for a long time but someone posted that image yesterday.

No problem, you amused me :)

Azzanation said:

It's a joke dude, it's not meant to make sense. Lighten up!

This thread has run it's course anyway, honestly I'm not sure the question posed in the title needed to be asked. Of course the Scorpio is going to be more powerful than the Pro in every aspect.

Which is exactly why the thread went offtopic to software or other random stuff so quickly. Because there's nothing to discuss. Scorpio will be stronger hardware, end of thread.

Haha lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

It's a joke dude, it's not meant to make sense. Lighten up!

This thread has run it's course anyway, honestly I'm not sure the question posed in the title needed to be asked. Of course the Scorpio is going to be more powerful than the Pro in every aspect.

Which is exactly why the thread went offtopic to software or other random stuff so quickly. Because there's nothing to discuss. Scorpio will be stronger hardware, end of thread.

Even funnier is knowing the reason why the thread was created we can see why it going off-topic is so unwanted

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's certainly possible that the Scorpio will out-spec the Pro in effectively all relevant areas (i'd say the only major unknown is the CPU), but whether you consider it 'owning' or not will depend on personal values. A good reference point is for someone to look at how they feel about the PS4's advantage. If you considered it a major jump over the X1, then considering the Scorpio's advantage as 'owning' isn't unreasonable. If you were either apathetic to the PS4's advantage, or just considered it a nice perk, then you'll likley feel similarly about the Scorpio.

For you personally DirtyP2002, i'd expect the Scorpio's advantages to fall into the 'nice perk' area. I'm not aware that you've ever put much value on the PS4's hardware advantages, so there's a limit to how much the Scorpio's will appeal to you (relative to the Pro that is).

As someone who values image quality, i'm likley to consider the Scorpio's advantage quite significant. I wish the roles were reversed though, because thanks to MS's shift away from Xbox-only the Scorpio is functionally redundant to me. My current PC already heavily outspecs even the most optimistic Scorpio predictions, so it's an advantage i'll unfortunately have no need for :/