Wii U Pro 2 8.70%

Wii U Gamepad 1 4.35%

3rd Party controller 0 0%

Other (created this gen) 0 0%

I just want to seeeeeeeee results 1 4.35%

Total:23
Bandorr said:
The ps4 controller.

The gamepad is too big to use as a controller.

I dislike my xbox one (not s) controller. The bumpers are extremely stiff, and the D-pad constantly clicks.

Have no clue about the elite controller. There just isn't enough value in it for me to put down $150 for it.                                     

I did not notice this until you mentioned this. You know when someone makes you very aware that you are breathing and you end up being super concious of it? That is the feeling I am currently feeling. 

Jpcc86 said:
No poll? We need a poll.

Jranation said:
You should add a poll!

I've been somewhat hesitant on doing so. I think the goal of a poll should immediately compare, but somewhat miscontrues opinion for fact via statistics. This was more meant for an opinionated discussion. Maybe I'm overthinking it I dunno.

Azzanation said:
Does this not include the Elite? Because many in here would agree that the Elite is the best. 

Essentially, yes.. It includes any controller you own. I think my title wasn't appropriate, so I'll change it.

Around the Network

Xbox 1 controller was easily the best for me, until I got the elite controller. That blows everything else out of the water.

yvanjean said:
It's no contest that Xbox one controller is far superior in design. Microsoft controller is the controller that should be the minimum standard for controller design and the one to copy and improve on. Microsoft even offer an elite controller for people that really wants the best.

The WiiU pro controller battery is something that every one should copy. I really enjoy the the WiiU pro controller except maybe for the button layout being different from Xbox. It make switching back and forth a unnecessary hassle, I guess they are following the Nintendo standard for layout.

The Dual shock 4 got lots of praise for all the improvement over dual shock 3. Personally, I don't think Sony deserve any praise for simply finally getting around to fixing unacceptable design flaw that plagued the Dual Shock 3. Seem like Sony stuck in the pass with dual shock, having the D-pad on the left over an Analog stick. Sony was late to the party with the PS1 controller when it became clear that they needed Analog sticks. They simply stuck two of them on the bottom of the controller. While that fix the issue they had it was never the best solution, yet somehow Sony has stuck with it on every controller from PS1 to PS4.

Thank GOD I'm not the only one!

I totally agree about the design flaw with DualShock. During R&D for PS4, Sony actually flirted with the idea of trying something different, but opted to stay with the "PlayStation look" because it was in their "DNA." 

Bandorr said:

Any chance you watch the show How I met your mother? They did an entire episode about what you just mentioned. I do that with volume levels. I won't notice the volume is loud. I will then have someone point it out. My first reaction is "no it's not" then I listen. Then I realize oh god it is really loud.  Then I wonder how I missed the fact it was so loud.

I watched it on occasion but I only vaugely recall something like that

Xbox Elite controller>>> Xbox One standard controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DualShock 4

Around the Network

Mine is the gamepad. I love it. It's well balanced and keeps my hands at a nice distance from each other. I have carpal tunnel though, so my gaming needs might be a bit diffrent from other peoples.

Xbone pad and for me its not even close. I would use my PS4 for more than Madden if the controller was better.

DS4 also gets lots of points docked for the analog rubber wearing off after a couple days use, lol.

I think I would rate the Wii U Pro pad 2nd, Gamepad dead last.

Personally, I'd go with the gamepad, since it lets me draw on it and play off screen for a more relaxed play session. All controllers this gen feel good to me, so I went with the ones that came with cool perks.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I haven't tried the Xbox One Elite controller, so I cannot comment on it, but it does look cool.

I don't particularly like the original Xbox One controller. The triggers and the bumpers feel a bit weird and the controller itself feels kind of sharp. It's not a bad controller by any means, but it's not ideal.

I have big hands and hate the Wii U gamepad. It's cute, admittedly, but bleh. The pro controller is pretty good.

The DualShock 4 is good, but it has a lot of unnecessary whistles and bells. I do like the speaker on the controller and I actually like sixaxis controls, but the light on the back of the controller and especially the touch pad are completely pointless. When literally none of the first party games use the touch pad, you know you have a wasted gimmick. That said, the touchpad is sometimes nice as a makeshift trackpad when used as PC controller. But I like the clickiness of the R1/L1 buttons and the face buttons and the texture of the grip feels great.

XB1 Elite > XB1 > DS4 > Gamepad