By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Kingdom Hearts Series Will Release On The Switch

Miyamotoo said:
HollyGamer said:
If the graphic is good like on PS4 i will buy it on switch but if it's like 7th gen games , i will buy it on PS4. But i doubt the graphic on switch will be close to the 2,8. It's a portable device .

On TV of course that PS4 version will look better than Switch version on TV, but on 6" screen Switch version actually can easily look better than PS4 version on big TV.

Lol what

mM
Around the Network
DannyDesario said:

I don't think square will release any mainline KH or FF games on switch. DQ has a large following in Japan and even if the Switch doesn't meet Japanese sales expectations (I'm expecting it to under perform in Japan) Dragon Quest has been on Nintendo platforms for a along time and the mainline games sell well on there.  KH and FF are more popular in the West than Japan and we know Nintendo consoles push less 3rd party software than the other 3 platforms (PC,PS4,X1) on average by alot.  I don't see it.

This statement is wrong in many levels.The only reason that FF and Kh sell more in the west is that the West is a bigger market.I mean, you arte comparing the world vs a country.Taking this out, KH and FF is as popular in Japan as in the US.The reason FF XV sold "average" in Japan was due to the game direction and overall quality, not due to its popularity.And KH sells really well in Japan.As for third party, that somewhat true.But the handheld side has always received support that ranged from decent to extremelly good.And one of its biggest supporters is Square.So if KH dosent come to the Switch it wont be because of "developers dont support Nintendo", but rather because of either power of installed base of the Switch(potential customers).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

daredevil.shark said:

But I heard third party games are not worth playing and only first party Nintendo games are awesome. JK. From a technical perspective NS Switch will run Kingdom Hearts 3 in 5-6 fps as it severely lacks processing power.

Yo I heard that too, seems people that say that tend to be Nintendo guys.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Nautilus said:
DannyDesario said:

I don't think square will release any mainline KH or FF games on switch. DQ has a large following in Japan and even if the Switch doesn't meet Japanese sales expectations (I'm expecting it to under perform in Japan) Dragon Quest has been on Nintendo platforms for a along time and the mainline games sell well on there.  KH and FF are more popular in the West than Japan and we know Nintendo consoles push less 3rd party software than the other 3 platforms (PC,PS4,X1) on average by alot.  I don't see it.

This statement is wrong in many levels.The only reason that FF and Kh sell more in the west is that the West is a bigger market.I mean, you arte comparing the world vs a country.Taking this out, KH and FF is as popular in Japan as in the US.The reason FF XV sold "average" in Japan was due to the game direction and overall quality, not due to its popularity.And KH sells really well in Japan.As for third party, that somewhat true.But the handheld side has always received support that ranged from decent to extremelly good.And one of its biggest supporters is Square.So if KH dosent come to the Switch it wont be because of "developers dont support Nintendo", but rather because of either power of installed base of the Switch(potential customers).

Dragon Quest 8 and 9 sold A LOT more in Japan than in the west (4.35M in JP compared to 1.3M in the west according to VGChartz for 9) and Nintendo does sell the least 3rd party software out of all 4 platforms so I'm not wrong about that.  I personally think FFXV and Splatoon sold great considering console install bases and I don't think it was the quality or direction, Japan just isn't interested in home consoles like that anymore.  Remember those Persona fangirls that said P5 would outsell FFXV in Japan and FFXV came out and outsold it substatially in a week.  You can't say FF appeals to Japan more than Persona in terms of gameplay and KH appeals less to Japan than both.  Even KH 1 and 2 sold double the units in the US than in Japan.  Kingdom Hearts has never been as popular as Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy at any point in Japan, or really popular in general (never broke 2 million units on any game in Japan and KH1 and FFX were released under a year apart, KH2 was followed by FFXII and FFXII broke 2 million there and last but not least NO KH GAME has outsold FFXIII in Japan.......).  Square is not that big of a supporter if they only work on handheld games for Nintendo and no mainline games.  Wii had a huge install base and it wasn't supported as much as PS3 and 360 by Square.  Don't get me wrong, I hope those games go to the Switch so other people can play them, I personally have no interest in KH or the Switch, but It would be nice to throw Nintendo guys a bone once in a while. 

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

daredevil.shark said:

But I heard third party games are not worth playing and only first party Nintendo games are awesome. JK. From a technical perspective NS Switch will run Kingdom Hearts 3 in 5-6 fps as it severely lacks processing power.

KH3 doesnt seems at all like demanding game, it runs on Unreal Engine 4 that is very scalable engine, and of course Switch supporting Unreal Engine 4. So offcourse that Switch version of KH3 wouldnt run on 5-6 fps.

Around the Network

10 days, 10 days.

It could be a pretty good bit for the reveal trailers, even a direct

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I think this is a bad prediction.

DannyDesario said:
Nautilus said:

Dragon Quest 8 and 9 sold A LOT more in Japan than in the west (4.35M in JP compared to 1.3M in the west according to VGChartz for 9) and Nintendo does sell the least 3rd party software out of all 4 platforms so I'm not wrong about that.  I personally think FFXV and Splatoon sold great considering console install bases and I don't think it was the quality or direction, Japan just isn't interested in home consoles like that anymore.  Remember those Persona fangirls that said P5 would outsell FFXV in Japan and FFXV came out and outsold it substatially in a week.  You can't say FF appeals to Japan more than Persona in terms of gameplay and KH appeals less to Japan than both.  Even KH 1 and 2 sold double the units in the US than in Japan.  Kingdom Hearts has never been as popular as Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy at any point in Japan, or really popular in general (never broke 2 million units on any game in Japan and KH1 and FFX were released under a year apart, KH2 was followed by FFXII and FFXII broke 2 million there and last but not least NO KH GAME has outsold FFXIII in Japan.......).  Square is not that big of a supporter if they only work on handheld games for Nintendo and no mainline games.  Wii had a huge install base and it wasn't supported as much as PS3 and 360 by Square.  Don't get me wrong, I hope those games go to the Switch so other people can play them, I personally have no interest in KH or the Switch, but It would be nice to throw Nintendo guys a bone once in a while. 

I dont agree with you at all.You are simply throwing numbers there without any kind of context.FF XV sales were "bad" simply in comparison of what the franchises usually brings up in sales. FF XV in Japan will ends up selling around 1 million in Japan, and that is 50% of what it usually sells.I mean, even XIII sold more than 2 millions.Splatoon(a new IP) in the other hand sold more than 1.7 millions in a system that is factually dead and has sold fewer numbers than the PS4(in Japan) and that will stop selling any more hardwrae there.And in top of that, on a market that many keep screaming that is abandoning dedicated home consoles.Dont get me wrong, its a declining market for sure, but people throw that excuse left and right to justify games underperforming, like FF XV.

And you give the Persona 5 example, but I think the way you are presenting is wrong.First because you are comparing a franchise with 30 years of existence, that revolutionized gaming, with a franchise that has a bit more than 10 years of history.And not only that, but while FF series as a whole is in decline in the moment, the Persona franchise is in growth.Persona 5 is basically the second best selling game in the series, and thats just with sales from Japan.(did more than 600K so far if Im not mistaken).FF has the series popularity and pedigree to help with sales, and yet it sold much less than what it usually sells.Persona 5 in the other hand dont have nearly as much "strenght" in those terms behind it, and yet it managed to sell muuuuuch better than its predecessors.

And finally, what you say about KH is completely wrong.Since when a game needs to sell more than 2 millions to be popular?Few games achieve that mark in only one region.And even then, KH 1 and KH 2 sold more than(or around) 1.5 millions there.Its not FF or Dragon Quest popular in Japan, but its still extremely popular.Not only that, but in most games released, Japan is always the second best selling region, only behind NA.To think that KH is not popular in JapanIt is simply ludicrous.

What I mean, after all that digression, is that support will come if it makes sense and if the system can manage to run the game.It dosent need to be the best selling version, it just needs to be lucrative.And with KH, a game that is really popular on Japan and has many games on Nintendo handhelds(which the Switch also is, and thus the audience is there), is simply makes sense.Wii problem with lack of support is that it was much more weaker than the other competitors and that could simply compromise the vision for the game, and Wii U problem was, aside not being the powerhouse or having an easy architecture to program to that we all wanted, is that it didnt have the install base to really justify making games for it.Now, will the Switch be able to run KH 3 without making big sacrifices to a point in which it would be a different game?I dont know.But its beyond obvious, for me anyways, that the poblem for a possible KH game on Switch will not be lack of interest, or lack of support from Square, since they are one of the best third party developers(in terms of quantity and quality) on Nintendo systems for a good while.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Miyamotoo said:
daredevil.shark said:

KH3 doesnt seems at all like demanding game, it runs on Unreal Engine 4 that is very scalable engine, and of course Switch supporting Unreal Engine 4. So offcourse that Switch version of KH3 wouldnt run on 5-6 fps.

Now a days web browsers can run unreal engine 4. It's not a big deal as you are describing. Plus third party developers aren't as effective as first party developers.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/03/12/mozilla-and-epic-preview-unreal-engine-4-running-in-firefox/

daredevil.shark said:
Miyamotoo said:

Now a days web browsers can run unreal engine 4. It's not a big deal as you are describing. Plus third party developers aren't as effective as first party developers.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/03/12/mozilla-and-epic-preview-unreal-engine-4-running-in-firefox/

Wii U didnt had support even for Unreal Engine 3 and thad definitely affected on some multi platform suport for Wii U. Like wrote, UE4 engine is very scalable engine, so XB1/PS4 UE4 games relatively easy can be scaled down for Switch.

Maybe will want to check this two threads:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224083&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223844&page=1