By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much did you spend on games in 2016?

How Much Did You Spend On Games in 2016?

1 - 100 $/€ 13 13.40%

101 - 250 $/€ 10 10.31%

251 - 500 $/€ 31 31.96%

501 - 750 $/€ 6 6.19%

751 - 1000 $/€ 4 4.12%

1001 - 1250 $/€ 9 9.28%

1251 - 1500 $/€ 2 2.06%

1501 - 1750 $/€ 2 2.06%

1751 - 2000 $/€ 3 3.09%

more than 2000 $/€ 17 17.53%

Total:97

So another year has passed. How much have you spent on gaming this year for games?

Here are the similar theads of the last years:

Up to €150 game expenses per month are okay to me, this year I managed to keep it around €100 per month on average.

My PC share of the total software costs stayed around 50%, my PS4 share grew (thanks to PSVR) and my Nintendo spending almost halted (some 3DS + Wii U games I want are on hold until I know about a possible Switch version):

• 3DS (2%) = Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy 3d, Nintendo Humble Bundle
  • Android (1%) = The Room Three, Flight of the Amazon Queen 20th Anniversary, Dead Synchronicity, Hitman GO...
  • iPad (4%) = Severed, Deponia, Dog Mendoca & Pizzaboy, Kathy Rain, Late Shift, Samorost 3, The Whispered World, Tormentum, The walking Dead: A New Frontier, Gabriel Knight Remake,...
  • PS3 (2%) = Humble Capcom PlayStation Bundle and the usual PS+ games
  • PS4 (28%) = Uncharted 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Ratchet & Clank, Batman: Arkham VR, DriveClub VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, Wayward Sky, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush Remastered, Star Wars: Battlefront, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Super Stardust Ultra VR, Bound and the usual PS+ games
  • PS Vita (6%) = Zero Time Dilemma, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Corpse Party: Blood Drive, Danganronpa: Another Episode, DOTT Remastered, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 + 2, Volume, Oreshika: Tainteed Bloodlines  and the usual PS+ Vita games
  • Wii U (1%) = LEGO City undercover (and sold after the multiplat announcement), Nintendo Humble Bundle  
  • Xbox One (7%) = Halo 5: Guardians, Forza 5: GOTY-Edition, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Quantum Break, Assassin's Creed Unity and the usual GWG games
  • PC (48%) = Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Collector's Edition, Gears of War 4, Defender of the Crown: Extended Collector's Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, The Witcher 3: GOTY-Edition, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Definitive Experience, Fallout 4, DOOM, Silence: The Whispered World 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Deponia Doomsday, Batman: Arkham Knight, Shardlight, Duke Grabowski, Mad Max, Yesterday Origin, Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders, Stasis, The Talos Principle: The Road to Gehenna, Heaven's Hope...
  • Kickstarted: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure (PC)... it was a disappointing year of new crowdfunding projects, but some older projects delivered

*order of each platform by price, so I payed the most on PC for the huge retail box of Mirror's Edge Catalyst, GTA5, followed by Gears of War 4 and so on...

Around the Network

Way too F'n much.

Turkish said:
Way too F'n much.

Exactly.

Not a whole lot this year, been trying to buy less games and to get games on sale so in total I probably spent around $300 CAD.

I went multi-plat this year, so counting hardware, I spent much more than usual. Even removing the cost of my xbox and wii u, I still spent WAY more than last year. I bought far more titles that were new releases (instead of waiting for discounts) like Uncharted 4, Gears 4, Attack on Titan, ReCore, Titanfall 2, and Final Fantasy XV. The cost of Wii U software surprised me, so I bought a lot less for that (Xenogears and Mario Kart). Overall, I think I played fewer games, but spent way more on them.

For 2017, I've set aside at *least* $450 for new titles coming out for the PS4, not even counting what I may or may not get for the XB1/WiiU. So it'll be interesting.

Around the Network

Given that there are still a lot of games I want and don't own, I'd say that not enough.

As for an exact figure, I don't know.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Oddly enough I think it balanced out. The money I usually put into the Wii U collection went to the Xbox One S instead. But there were hardware startup costs associated with the new console so it might be less.

Not that much actually, I'm positive I didn't spend more than 200€, but I built a 900€ PC  !

Let me think about it...at least 460€ on games.

2017 game budget...let me think about it...I'd say 350-400€ is confirmed already and most likely a lot more.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WIiU/3DS- $130
XB1- $420