By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could Donald Trump actually have a mental illness, or Is he just a narcissistic jerk?

UnderstatedCornHole said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Im just talking about things psychologists have said in articles. In the business world  is easy pickings for a narcissistic entity. Take Martin Shkreli for instance. The same guy who boosted the price drugs used to help aids patients. Because there was no competition he rose the price up to unfathomable heights. Because it was made public, another grroup made their own generic to compete and lowered the price tremendously.  Everything is abot him, he does things to get attention ( like buy rappers unreleased albums and then announcing it), has a temper and has a lack of empathy for others. Clear symptoms of a narcissist. Trump has similar issues.

And?

You're just covering ground that has been covered a thousand times before. There's nothing new here, it's all just more of Trump being Trump but he hasn't gone any further with this than previously. He hasn't gone so far as to change anyone's opinion who like him with this.

They are more interested in going forward.

Nobody gives a damn that didn't give a damn before, because your talking points and that of the OP's are just a re-hash of previous talking points, which were a re-hash of previous ones.

Until it can be shown that this narcassism which hasn't even been proven has any credible bearing on his ability to perform in office, then quite frankly and quite rightly on a practical level; nobody cares that didn't care before.

The liberals have spent their "cry wolf" credits and it would take something cataclysmic to be taken seriously on anything negative on Trump from those that see through the red lens. You and everyone else will have to do a lot better than regurgitating poorly researched pseudo psychology that just wanders aimlessly in hypotheticals to be taken seriously or even with grace.

People have had it up to here!

edit: That last few words says it all really, these aren't Trump's issues. They are your issues with Trump. You don't like the guy, van jones doesn't like the guy, ok, great, fantastic, very happy for you, him, everyone.

Now what?

No ones saying change their opinon on trump. Psychologists have already calledout trump as being a narcissist. Textbook even. One professor from Harvard even admitted that he used trump as an example of textbook narcissism for his class. This was confessed to the atlantic. It has  nothing to do with whether I like him, I dont like narcissists. Ive been around some.  Its not healthy. When you grow up around people with money, you tend to find a couple.

Around the Network

He's a narcissistic jerk. He would fuck himself if he could.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

S.T.A.G.E. said:
UnderstatedCornHole said:

And?

You're just covering ground that has been covered a thousand times before. There's nothing new here, it's all just more of Trump being Trump but he hasn't gone any further with this than previously. He hasn't gone so far as to change anyone's opinion who like him with this.

They are more interested in going forward.

Nobody gives a damn that didn't give a damn before, because your talking points and that of the OP's are just a re-hash of previous talking points, which were a re-hash of previous ones.

Until it can be shown that this narcassism which hasn't even been proven has any credible bearing on his ability to perform in office, then quite frankly and quite rightly on a practical level; nobody cares that didn't care before.

The liberals have spent their "cry wolf" credits and it would take something cataclysmic to be taken seriously on anything negative on Trump from those that see through the red lens. You and everyone else will have to do a lot better than regurgitating poorly researched pseudo psychology that just wanders aimlessly in hypotheticals to be taken seriously or even with grace.

People have had it up to here!

edit: That last few words says it all really, these aren't Trump's issues. They are your issues with Trump. You don't like the guy, van jones doesn't like the guy, ok, great, fantastic, very happy for you, him, everyone.

Now what?

No ones saying change their opinon on trump. Psychologists have already calledout trump as being a narcissist. Textbook even. One professor from Harvard even admitted that he used trump as an example of textbook narcissism for his class. This was confessed to the atlantic. It has  nothing to do with whether I like him, I dont like narcissists. Ive been around some.  Its not healthy. When you grow up around people with money, you tend to find a couple.

I'm with you on the disliking narcassits. People don't realize just how evil they are, it goes much deepr than just loving yourself a bit more than is the norm. Maybe the angling would be better to go with what being a narcassit truly entails. Inability to feel genuine empathy doesn't really cover it.

Having spent the past 12 months in an on off relationship with a non diagnosed bpd, suicide threats, projection to farcical levels, even at 32 learning more about people psychologically than I thought possible. That's after having spent 12 months in a residential rehabilitation unit for my behaviour age 21 for a road traffic accident/front lobe brain injury.

These people are EVIL and do not deserve ANY compassion or respect for their plight. That was a hard lesson as because of my psychological past, empathy goes hand in hand with everything, except the internet :p so to condemn a person that has "good bits" is difficult but a requirment.

Anyway, if you liberal leaning people want to highlight narcassism then you can all do a much better job than you are. It simply doesn't resonate when put in those sound bite sentences. I'm not too fussed personally though because an evil person can still run a country well, however thin skinned, and all the rest of it.

No doubt about it, I hate Trump's personality on a social level but I'm a strong supporter none the less. It doesn't have to be zero sum because the choices in politics are between bad and worse.

(edit: my experience with bpd hell woman was not a narcassist but the symptoms are all more or less shared across the DSM criteria)

So glad he isn't running my Country.
I pity you Americans, your politics is going to be so amusing to watch over the coming years.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

What kind of idiot still uses Twitter?

..... Follow me on Twitter @d21lewis

Around the Network

If people really want to get into this psychological crap then you want to explore the evidence.

Trump and why he's a horrible bastard borderliner.

Obsession with cleanliness (documented).
Inability to expand on an apology and specify what is being apologized for. (documented)
Does not back down under any circumstances for any reason other than strategy. (documented)
Child like language not matched to intellectual ability (documented)
Extremely persuasive repetitive sentence structure (documented)
Believes his own lies, would pass a lie detector (hunch, but obvious)

These types of statements are what covers a borderliner/narc.

"thin skinned" means fuck all, it's FAR more sinister than that. You guys need to up your game and to the guy above, Trump would not fuck his own ass that's just stupid and nobody takes you seriously when you talk like that.

I'm looking forward to watching all the great content coming from Saturday Night Live, and every other late night talk show for the next 4 years.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
I'm looking forward to watching all the great content coming from Saturday Night Live, and every other late night talk show for the next 4 years.

Saturday Night Live Trump, universally hilarious.

Jimmy Fallon, mediocre.

Seth Meyers, dreadful.

Stephen Colbert/Tom Oliver, shoot me now, feel free to rape my corpse.

I would say that Obama is more likely to have the mental issue, not Trump. Nobel peace prize winner Obama, in the outgoing days of of his presidency, is actively trying to start a war with Russia because his own party got caught doing a bunch of illegal stuff via email leaks on the web. Instead of standing up and apologizing for the horrible and illegal things that his party is guilty of and which lost them the election, Obama instead blames Russia for uncovering the criminal acts in the first place and then tries to even start a war with Russia at a time when any decent president would be preparing to pass the reigns over to his successor. I would normally call Obama a narcissist and a tyrant for doing something like this, but I suspect that his strings are merely being pulled by the rich global elite above him who control Washington and are panicking about Trump.

Trump is unscripted, whatever...  It concerns me a lot more when somebody is controlled by a teleprompter like the current president.  Why does somebody need a teleprompter all the time, what is that person trying to hide, who controls the message that this person is delivering?

I though it was a well known fact that he's an extremely loud & proud narcissist?