By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could Donald Trump actually have a mental illness, or Is he just a narcissistic jerk?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Actually narcissistic personality disorder is quite rare as far as diagnosis, but trump clearly suffers greatly from it. Atlantic magazine interviewed a bunch of psychologists, including some from Harvard. They said that almost all presidents have displayed an ego, but trump it's all the hallmarks of a textbook narcissist. They showed a breakdown of trump all the way to clinton and broke down how badly trump is polarizing in ego size. 

Having a narcissist as a president frequently happens. There are many older examples like Lyndon B. Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and even relatively recently Bill Clinton ... (Having a president with a massive ego is not all that uncommon.) 

Lefil said:

That's bullshit. I've never invented a fictional character nor masquerade as a fictional character to brag about myself.  Trump felt the need to concoct fictional spokesmen named John Miller and John Barron,  so that he could tell tall tales…so that he could brag about himself, his business and his conquest of women.  Such insecurity as Trump expresses, from the need to invent fictional characters, and masquerade as those fictional characters, to telling the world that he doesn’t have small private parts, is a sign that he has a mental problem that goes well beyond clinical narcissism.

Trump is insecure ? You must not know him very well ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Actually narcissistic personality disorder is quite rare as far as diagnosis, but trump clearly suffers greatly from it. Atlantic magazine interviewed a bunch of psychologists, including some from Harvard. They said that almost all presidents have displayed an ego, but trump it's all the hallmarks of a textbook narcissist. They showed a breakdown of trump all the way to clinton and broke down how badly trump is polarizing in ego size. 

Having a narcissist as a president frequently happens. There are many older examples like Lyndon B. Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and even relatively recently Bill Clinton ... (Having a president with a massive ego is not all that uncommon.) 

Lefil said:

That's bullshit. I've never invented a fictional character nor masquerade as a fictional character to brag about myself.  Trump felt the need to concoct fictional spokesmen named John Miller and John Barron,  so that he could tell tall tales…so that he could brag about himself, his business and his conquest of women.  Such insecurity as Trump expresses, from the need to invent fictional characters, and masquerade as those fictional characters, to telling the world that he doesn’t have small private parts, is a sign that he has a mental problem that goes well beyond clinical narcissism.

No. we've never had a narcissistic president, but narcissism and sociopaths are more likely to found in business than politics.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Lefil said:

He gets rattled by Alec Baldwin playing him on Saturday Night Live and made it a point to a send a letter with a tracing of his hands every year to a New York newspaper publisher who claimed he had small hands. 

Dude is insecure, just depends on where he gets hit. He tends to be petty about very childish things, ie: I think not being able to land a big time celebrity for his inaugration to perform is deep down driving him nuts. Stuff like that tends to drive him crazy. He's mesmerized by celebrity and television. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

No. we've never had a narcissistic president, but narcissism and sociopaths are more likely to found in business than politics.

The last part absolutely isn't true when it's leaders in general who have narcissistic tendencies and as for the other part that's not true either if your definition will identify Trump as a narcissist without the likes of those I've named but that especially applies to Lyndon B. Johnson ... (No matter where you are you're in a lose-lose situation in this argument when you haven't studied past presidents on a personal basis.) 

Soundwave said:

He gets rattled by Alec Baldwin playing him on Saturday Night Live and made it a point to a send a letter with a tracing of his hands every year to a New York newspaper publisher who claimed he had small hands. 

Dude is insecure, just depends on where he gets hit. He tends to be petty about very childish things, ie: I think not being able to land a big time celebrity for his inaugration to perform is deep down driving him nuts. Stuff like that tends to drive him crazy. He's mesmerized by celebrity and television. 

Why can't Trump make an effort to defend himself ? Do you want leaders to be a total wuss everytime ? (Most women don't like guys who aren't the least bit macho since they have no passion.) 

I like to think he's of the third kind that you failed to mention - douchebag.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The last part absolutely isn't true when it's leaders in general who have narcissistic tendencies and as for the other part that's not true either if your definition will identify Trump as a narcissist without the likes of those I've named but that especially applies to Lyndon B. Johnson ... (No matter where you are you're in a lose-lose situation in this argument when you haven't studied past presidents on a personal basis.) 

Please...tell me which president in the history of America has a lack of empathy for people they cannot relate to, is self absorbed and has childlike outbursts when they are not praised? I guarantee you, its never happened until Trump. Most presidents have huge ego's but never so large as a narcisssist. Narcissists live to draw attention to themselves by any means necessary. When he should be out of the limeline, he will find ways to jump right back into it. Narcisssits have authoritarian attitudes. Trump is the type of person who does not like to be told no. You will see.

Lefil said:

Trump is insecure and has extraordinarily thin skin. He has shown many times that he will freak out if someone offends him in any way. I have never seen such a thin skinned person in my life. 

Tagged for salt

Hold on tight boyz, Hillary can still win this!

numberwang said:

Tagged for salt

Hold on tight boyz, Hillary can still win this!

He won, but the guy is a narcisssist. Any psychology book will tell you that at first narcissists bear the qualities of someone who is self assured enough to take the mantle of leader, but there will be unusual flaws that you will see in him that are polarizing compared to other presidents. Its not just because of lack of experience, but rather personality. Despite his youthful attitude you need to keep in mind this guy is in his 70's and still acting this way.

Go Trump.
Such bitter sentiments amongst the liberals as usual. Get over it or at least bring something new to the discussion.

A thread about narcissism and Donald Trump?

Very original, and the source? A Twitter post.

Too many beta males.