By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Could Donald Trump actually have a mental illness, or Is he just a narcissistic jerk?

I have just read about Donald Trump thanking himself in the third person on Twitter. Does ANY civilized country have a leader which issues statements thanking himself/herself ? I don't think even that guy from the Philippines is that retarded. Also, it's well known fact that Trump used to masquerade as a publicist named John Miller or John Barron, bragging about himself in phone interviews. It is truly frightening and disturbing that anyone who is or is so close to being mentally ill is elected as the US president.

Around the Network

Wait, he's not president yet. What is he thanking himself for?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Lefil said:

Does ANY civilized country have a leader which issues statements thanking himself/herself ? 

...quite literally every civilized country has leaders which do that, albeit in more subtle terms. President Obama credited his own administration for the rising stock market during the latest state of the union, President Bush credited his administration for the booming economy before the housing crisis, etc. It's not as blunt as "Thanks, me," but the sentiment is the same.

Regardless, the possibilities for US president have been terrifying for a long time now.

Slarvax said:
Wait, he's not president yet. What is he thanking himself for?

It's the same logic as the pound decreasing in value after the Brexit vote. Political events cause investors to gain/lose confidence in something (in this case, the American economy), which is shown in an increase of purchasing American companies' stocks. Basically he's claiming that his election has caused investors to gain confidence in the American economy.

No, no, it's the latter. We've got 4 more years of this ahead, assuming we make it that long. So get used to it.

Around the Network

He is awesome =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

MTZehvor said:
Lefil said:

Does ANY civilized country have a leader which issues statements thanking himself/herself ? 

...quite literally every civilized country has leaders which do that, albeit in more subtle terms. President Obama credited his own administration for the rising stock market during the latest state of the union, President Bush credited his administration for the booming economy before the housing crisis, etc. It's not as blunt as "Thanks, me," but the sentiment is the same.

Regardless, the possibilities for US president have been terrifying for a long time now.

The difference is that Trump thanked himself in the third person. It is an objective fact that people who speak about themselves in the third person are characterized as narcissistic, self-obsessed and detached from reality. And what do you say abou fact that Trump pretended to be the fictional publicist named John Miller or John Barron and called up various reporters for years in order to brag about himself in the third person? Stop pretending he is not Insane.

Doesn't he have people that tweet for him. Seems rather standard PR.

Hes a narcissist and yes that is a personality disorder. Yes... this is why he has to start tweet fights.

This guy is Kanye's friend for a reason.