By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Apple or Your favorite Android maker made a handheld form factor...

What would you do if this exsisted?

Buy Day One. 6 20.00%

Get it on my next upgrade. 4 13.33%

Stay with the slab, and get a handheld. 12 40.00%

Stay with slba, I prefer touch gaming. 1 3.33%

Stick with slab, I don't... 7 23.33%

Total:30

I'd rather have them do it on my phone than make a seperate handheld since bluetooth controllers are a thing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I'd still go for third parties on PC and would rather have first and any second parties on the handheld device rather than the mobile gaming geared one you speak of.

Of course this device is the godlike all in one that handles all your computing needs isn't it?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Since my favorite cell manufacturer's Microsoft, no...

AsGryffynn said:

Came in here to represent Microsoft Mobile, too ;)

If it's any consolation, if Windows can pull off x86 virtualization on ARM (I think that's what it's called, might have some terms incorrect) maybe we can see some more powerful emulators like ePSXe be usable on our devices? Or maybe we could install the PS4 Remote play PC app and enjoy some PS4 gameplay on a potato? Who knows!

fielding88 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Came in here to represent Microsoft Mobile, too ;)

If it's any consolation, if Windows can pull off x86 virtualization on ARM (I think that's what it's called, might have some terms incorrect) maybe we can see some more powerful emulators like ePSXe be usable on our devices? Or maybe we could install the PS4 Remote play PC app and enjoy some PS4 gameplay on a potato? Who knows!

If MS found a way to make Win programs compatible with the UWP rather than having to port them, then we might easily destroy the notion of "game exclusivity" altogether, but I think MS might be scared. If the version of Windows running on the phones and XBO are the same one or at least have the same standard components and use the same kernel, it should be achievable. 

It's definitely easier than having to recompile stuff in Wine to use your Windows Photoshop on Xenial Xerus... 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Zero interest for me, I never liked handheld gaming and I've tried one single game on my phone for the three+ years I've had a smartphone. Gaming for me is on big screens with good sound and controls and actual game mechanics and not rubbing or waggling or swiping.

Agreed lol

Chazore said:
I'd still go for third parties on PC and would rather have first and any second parties on the handheld device rather than the mobile gaming geared one you speak of.

Of course this device is the godlike all in one that handles all your computing needs isn't it?.

Ideally, I would be able to Play the same purchase on all of my devices. So I would have a game that ran at the same level as the best PC when I am at home, or scaled down graphics and resolution for when I am on the go. I would not have mobile type games would obviously still be there, but this device would offer the next Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Call of Duty, etc. just like you would play on PS4/XBO/PC.

This would satisfy everything I am looking for in a mobile device. Then the problem would be, I would be stuck with PlayStation at Home, and iOS on the road. So I would still be pressing for either Sony to build a PS Phone, or for Apple to build a high powered iOS product for the Home. Although, I think it would be very likely that we would see a very impressive Apple TV, if this was ever to happen. So I would have my ideal iPhone on the go, iPad Pro around the house, and Apple TV when I want to sit down and do heavy computing tasks.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Chazore said:

Ideally, I would be able to Play the same purchase on all of my devices. So I would have a game that ran at the same level as the best PC when I am at home, or scaled down graphics and resolution for when I am on the go. I would not have mobile type games would obviously still be there, but this device would offer the next Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Call of Duty, etc. just like you would play on PS4/XBO/PC.

This would satisfy everything I am looking for in a mobile device. Then the problem would be, I would be stuck with PlayStation at Home, and iOS on the road. So I would still be pressing for either Sony to build a PS Phone, or for Apple to build a high powered iOS product for the Home. Although, I think it would be very likely that we would see a very impressive Apple TV, if this was ever to happen. So I would have my ideal iPhone on the go, iPad Pro around the house, and Apple TV when I want to sit down and do heavy computing tasks.

Perhaps the Smach Zero Pro turns out okay: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc-games#/

The Windows version of it should be able to play a huge amount of PC games on its own, more demanding PC games could be streamed on it.

With modified Xbox and dualshock drivers, additional PS Now, PS Remote Play and streams from XboxOne could be possible.

You kidding? I would buy it day one! The only question is whether it has removable gaming controls, as that would be a must for it to function as a daily phone and PMP.

Conina said:
KBG29 said:

Perhaps the Smach Zero Pro turns out okay: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc-games#/

The Windows version of it should be able to play a huge amount of PC games on its own, more demanding PC games could be streamed on it.

With modified Xbox and dualshock drivers, additional PS Now, PS Remote Play and streams from XboxOne could be possible.

I love the concept on this thing, but I think it is at a strange size. It is twice the size of a Vita or 3DS, and half the size of a small laptop. It would be very interesting to try out, but I don't think it could go mass market. I think any device like this to take of it has to be a little smaller than the Vita Slim.

Trunkin said:
You kidding? I would buy it day one! The only question is whether it has removable gaming controls, as that would be a must for it to function as a daily phone and PMP.

I would prefer a unit with integrated joysticks, and buttons. However, if they where to create a standard game pad design, then a mobile docking station with controls could be made, and sold as a bundle or seperatly. 

Personally, touch only devices are usable for daily tasks and media. The controls are to limited, and finichy, and it is just another reason I still use Vita over the latest iPhone and Android devices. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL