How much do you focus on productivity?

A lot 5 13.51%

Some 9 24.32%

A little 7 18.92%

None 16 43.24%

Total:37
robzo100 said:
Signalstar said:
I try to be as productive as possible. I work out regularly. I am studying 2 foreign languages. Try to read every day and watch movies. There are also a bunch of skills I would like to learn like coding or driving manual. I try to improve a little bit each day. I get lazy sometimes and go off course. It can be hard when you don't see results for a long time.

Interesting, you watch movie as part of being productive. I tend to view this as wasting time, though I understand there is a mental benefit to relaxation, especially if it's novelty, like a new genre of movie that one doesn't usually watch.

I want to be a film maker. I am currently saving money to go to grad school for film. The more films I watch the better. I end up watching a lot of obscure, arty, and foreign films though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
robzo100 said:

Interesting, you watch movie as part of being productive. I tend to view this as wasting time, though I understand there is a mental benefit to relaxation, especially if it's novelty, like a new genre of movie that one doesn't usually watch.

I want to be a film maker. I am currently saving money to go to grad school for film. The more films I watch the better. I end up watching a lot of obscure, arty, and foreign films though.

I see, cool cool.

sethnintendo said:
snyps said:
I was trying to be productive until I found your thread. lol Now I'm distracted.

But seriously Brain Age games are SOOOOOO helpful to me!! And I'm also planning on paper how to keep organized for maximum efficiency. Brain Age allows me to have a brain to do it with less strain.

I never played Brain Age games before but was actually thinking about looking for a cheap used copy on Amazon.  Looks like the 3DS version failed but perhaps VGC didn't track the game that well.  Still would be a terrible drop in sales regardless. 

Shame about that. I waited until 3DS version was dirt cheap and am sorry I waited. It's evident that a lot of care went into the product. Lots of cute video segments and quirkiness. Also a healthy amount of games that are enriching, despite how entertaining and addictive. I also noticed that my weed is less harmful if I use the training. Though now I smoke 24:1 (CBD:THC) so that's not as much of an issue. Just goes to show that the game helped my working memory a lot.

I find getting up earlier helps.

It really extends the day, but its a drag if you go out till past midnight as you get tired easily

(usually take a power nap as a result)

The way I look at it there is nothing wrong with watching tv or being on the internet it is about what you do and how long.

If you are online on a chat site like one of past BF living an altnerative life online, that is unhealthy. 

Use your mobile phone to buy pretty much everything. I think i save 6hours every week after i decide not to go to local grocery and use amazon pantry instead.

And try to find online coupon before purchasing any goods. You can save quite amt of money from it

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:

I find getting up earlier helps.

It really extends the day, but its a drag if you go out till past midnight as you get tired easily

(usually take a power nap as a result)

The way I look at it there is nothing wrong with watching tv or being on the internet it is about what you do and how long.

If you are online on a chat site like one of past BF living an altnerative life online, that is unhealthy. 

Internet...that one I struggle to understand. We have our eyes glued to computer screens(phone/laptop) all day long. This did not happen 10-15 years ago...I feel this is affecting everyone's productivity.

m_csquare said:
Use your mobile phone to buy pretty much everything. I think i save 6hours every week after i decide not to go to local grocery and use amazon pantry instead.

And try to find online coupon before purchasing any goods. You can save quite amt of money from it

Agreed...the flipside for me though is the laziness that ensues. Gettig out and going to the market is, believe it or not, a stimulating experience!

You have to sue your brain in all sorts of ways, getting to the market(car/walk/bicycle), physically going through the aisles, socially interacting with clerks, saying "excuse me" to other in the aisle, being conscious of a changign environment, etc.

Keeping the brain fresh is, imo, the crux and hallmark of a productive lifestyle. How to we keep this while still tapping into the miraculous efficiency of our digital culture?

This is what I feel I really wanted t get at with the OP more specifically.