By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Productive Lifestyle

How much do you focus on productivity?

A lot 5 13.51%

Some 9 24.32%

A little 7 18.92%

None 16 43.24%

Total:37

It's an interesting topic. My whole life I've suffered from underproducing because since my teenage years I've been almost constantly tired. I managed to go through medical school by some miracle, but in the past few years all my energy is wasted on work and I am exhausted when I get home.

I don't have energy for girlfriends and not much left for male friends either anymore (most of them are long gone), and I have much less energy for video games than in the past.

None of the methods in the OP works for me. It's hopeless.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:
The thing I have more trouble with is getting up early, it's a struggle for me.

Welcome to second shift.

Slimebeast said:

It's an interesting topic. My whole life I've suffered from underproducing because since my teenage years I've been almost constantly tired. I managed to go through medical school by some miracle, but in the past few years all my energy is wasted on work and I am exhausted when I get home.

I don't have energy for girlfriends and not much left for male friends either anymore (most of them are long gone), and I have much less energy for video games than in the past.

None of the methods in the OP works for me. It's hopeless.

You could try uppers or smoke some weed and drink a few beers while lounging.  Actually it might be best not to listen to me.

Sometimes a bit of alcohol or weed can jump start a person emotionally and reboot their perspective on life. The problem is only doing it a little bit every now and then.

I was trying to be productive until I found your thread. lol Now I'm distracted.

But seriously Brain Age games are SOOOOOO helpful to me!! And I'm also planning on paper how to keep organized for maximum efficiency. Brain Age allows me to have a brain to do it with less strain.

Around the Network

I wake up early, i use at least 10 hours a week for my cisco studies, I work out at least 8 hours each week, usually more and I also plan my days well.

I would say I am quite productive but I guess it makes sence since I am in the army and its expected.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
I wake up early, i use at least 10 hours a week for my cisco studies, I work out at least 8 hours each week, usually more and I also plan my days well.

I would say I am quite productive but I guess it makes sence since I am in the army and its expected.

Ah, the military. Everyone I know who goes through this comes out with an extra discipline boost that is beneficial for basically every aspect of life. Not that it can't be achieved in another fashion, but it will def. be achieved if you go that route.

snyps said:
I was trying to be productive until I found your thread. lol Now I'm distracted.

But seriously Brain Age games are SOOOOOO helpful to me!! And I'm also planning on paper how to keep organized for maximum efficiency. Brain Age allows me to have a brain to do it with less strain.

I never played Brain Age games before but was actually thinking about looking for a cheap used copy on Amazon.  Looks like the 3DS version failed but perhaps VGC didn't track the game that well.  Still would be a terrible drop in sales regardless. 

I try to be as productive as possible. I work out regularly. I am studying 2 foreign languages. Try to read every day and watch movies. There are also a bunch of skills I would like to learn like coding or driving manual. I try to improve a little bit each day. I get lazy sometimes and go off course. It can be hard when you don't see results for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
I try to be as productive as possible. I work out regularly. I am studying 2 foreign languages. Try to read every day and watch movies. There are also a bunch of skills I would like to learn like coding or driving manual. I try to improve a little bit each day. I get lazy sometimes and go off course. It can be hard when you don't see results for a long time.

Interesting, you watch movie as part of being productive. I tend to view this as wasting time, though I understand there is a mental benefit to relaxation, especially if it's novelty, like a new genre of movie that one doesn't usually watch.