By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo is laughably bad

RavenXtra said:
Some of the discounts are decent.. the fact that that's the best of what My Nintendo has to offer is pretty pathetic though. I'm hoping that Nintendo is just being conservative as Wii U & 3DS wind down, and that if Switch does well they can be a bit more generous with rewards.

Well, Club Nintendo was generous and having the deluxe digital promotion was the icing on the cake.  This was while the 3DS did well and the Wii U undersold.  I'm not sure how better sales of the Switch will motivate them to give more away.  They should do something though because the quantity of what they offer now on My Nintendo is almost irrelevant.  I mean, if you're going to give someone a deal for being a steady customer, give them a deal.  Perhaps make the rewards more flexible.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
The funny thing is I don't expect it to get any better with the release of the Switch at all.

Nintendo have to do better than this.... Im expecting things to improve.

JRPGfan said:
S.Peelman said:
The funny thing is I don't expect it to get any better with the release of the Switch at all.

Nintendo have to do better than this.... Im expecting things to improve.

I do hope it does.

I miss old Club Nintendo, and by old I mean the 90s one... I remember receiving a special Ocarina of Time Guide just for registering it, along many other things...

Entropio said:
I miss old Club Nintendo, and by old I mean the 90s one... I remember receiving a special Ocarina of Time Guide just for registering it, along many other things...

That wasn't Club Nintendo...  I believe you are reffering to Nintendo Power magazine subscription rewards.  Got a Smash Melee shirt one time by signing up for a 12 month subscription.

Around the Network

Logged on again and there is nothing. Discounts for games that I have already or don't want. There should be VC games that cost 80 gold coins. No incentive to even use this rewards program when the rewards are shit. This has only been a massive downgrade from what Club Nintendo was. I'm about to send a hate mail to Nintendo because you might as well not even have a rewards program if this is what you are offering.

sethnintendo said:
Entropio said:

That wasn't Club Nintendo...  I believe you are reffering to Nintendo Power magazine subscription rewards.  Got a Smash Melee shirt one time by signing up for a 12 month subscription.

In Spain the game included a translation guide (since the game was not translated to Spanish) and a coupon that you could redeemable for the Spanish translation of that Nintendo Power Guide (I've done a bit of research because you made me doubt).

Of course it was something exceptional, but the old Club Nintendo felt like a real club to me back in the 90s, you could write them letters and they would answer, if you had a doubt about a game they would help you... This article (it's in Spanish, and written in a comical way that may be difficult to translate, though) express it perfectly: http://www.gamerah.com/leer.php?id=249#fn_1">http://web.archive.org/web/20070502221604/http://www.gamerah.com/leer.php?id=249#fn_1

Gamerah said:

Being member of Club Nintendo was like having friends, but withouth the beatings nor the cold showers. Was better than having a girlfriend (...)

I had hundreds last spring. Not used Miitomo since last spring. All my coins probably expired by now and I don't even care. Never was a deal on something I wanted. I also don't want to play Miitomo ever again. I hate Miis and wish they would die already.

sethnintendo said:
Entropio said:

I still have the Super Smash Bros Melee Soundtrack CD NP sent out to subscribers.