By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unexpected game of the year? (for you)

Overwatch. I'm the last person on earth to enjoy fps games but Overwatch just hooked me and made me addicted. I saw my bro playing the demo and thought another typical fps but when I tried it my thoughts changed.

Around the Network

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. My needs were satisfied.

Final Fantasy XV for me.

This honestly was not on my radar after the XIII trilogy, but I got it on impulse and I love it. It is not perfect, but it is a great game and a clear indication that the franchise is headed in the right direction again.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Battleborn. Loved the beta, according to the Xbox "Reign of You" thing they have for 2016, it ended up being my most played game of the year.

If The Division didn't have such shitty PVP and such a dramatic dropoff in quality once you hit endgame, it would get my vote.

I guess it would be Fire Emblem Fates, with all the changes and the splitting of games, my expectations were pretty low, but it is still a great game

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Planet coaster and Civ6

BasilZero said:
Final Fantasy IX on PC

I didnt expect it to come out in 2016 but it did :O

SE surprised us on January 1st 2016 with the announcement, wonder if they'll do the same on Jan 1st 2017 with possibly FFTactics WotL!

I've been waiting for them to bring IX to PS4 since they announced it for PC, since VII took a similar path. I'd be in heaven if they announced IX and Tactics for PS4. Happy at least PC people are getting and enjoying it though.

Attack on Titan. As a fan of they anime I was excited for this but had little faith they could pull off a quality AOT game. But damn it blew me away. It's was like playing the anime. Inside also. Uncharted 4 for me is my game of the year but damn did Inside, a game I payed little attention to before hand shock me. Made me rethink my game of the year.

I haven't played any 2016 released game but from the ones I played The Last of Us on PS3, I was a fool for ignoring it on release just because I wasn't a fan of the Uncharted games.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Quite a few actually. The Last Guardian is my current pick, but I was impressed by...

Severed - artsy dungeon crawler with great touch-screen combat
Song of the Deep - engaging Metroidvania with strong puzzle design
RIVE - a shooter/platformer hybrid with demanding gameplay
Infinite Warfare - multiplayer is trash but the campaign is deep and varied