By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unexpected game of the year? (for you)

Firefoxie said:
Mine would be Dragon Quest builders. I have yet to actually finish it, but the level of creativity it provides you is awesome. Being a huge fan of the Sims, I can seriously see myself getting lost into that game for hours. Even though it plays like mine craft, I love the fact it never lost the spirit of Dragon Quest. The music, art, characters, enemies, and world was giving me hardcore nostalgia. It's such a great game, I really need to get back to it.

Hell yeah!

The second one for me is Pokemon Sun/Moon. X & Y were decent games but I was pretty dissapointed with ORAS so my hopes were not high for Sun and Moon. However I was really suprised and I do think they're my favourite Pokemon games so far.

Around the Network

Tokyo Mirage Sessions!

Wasn't sure I was gonna like it, but wow it was awesome!

The soundtrack is amazing, the music videos are great and occasionally bizarre, as is some of the in game dialogue! A good story and likeable characters, especially Kiria. The game play is great as well and the battles are great fun.

It's so Japanese and that's why I love it!

Uncharted 4 was as good as I hoped.

Doom surprised me a lot taking me back to best aspects of 90s FPSs with intense rewarding action.

Leadified said:
Firefoxie said:
Mine would be Dragon Quest builders. I have yet to actually finish it, but the level of creativity it provides you is awesome. Being a huge fan of the Sims, I can seriously see myself getting lost into that game for hours. Even though it plays like mine craft, I love the fact it never lost the spirit of Dragon Quest. The music, art, characters, enemies, and world was giving me hardcore nostalgia. It's such a great game, I really need to get back to it.

Hell yeah!

The second one for me is Pokemon Sun/Moon. X & Y were decent games but I was pretty dissapointed with ORAS so my hopes were not high for Sun and Moon. However I was really suprised and I do think they're my favourite Pokemon games so far.

I really need to get Pokémon Sun/Moon. I heard they're fantastic! This is kinda of embarrassing, but I haven't played too many Pokémon games outside of X/Y so I'm not extremely familiar with them. What is ORAS?

BasilZero said:
dukerx2 said:

I've been waiting for them to bring IX to PS4 since they announced it for PC, since VII took a similar path. I'd be in heaven if they announced IX and Tactics for PS4. Happy at least PC people are getting and enjoying it though.

I'm sure IX will come to PS4 eventually.

The victim here is VIII which still doesnt have a mobile version l0l - they skipped VIII and went towards IX.

VIII isn't one of my favorite Final Fantasy's but never gave it a fare chance. So I'd love for that to come to more platforms so I could give it another try. IX and Tactics are my favorite so I'm just more interested in seeing them come to PS4.

Around the Network
Firefoxie said:
Leadified said:

Hell yeah!

I really need to get Pokémon Sun/Moon. I heard they're fantastic! This is kinda of embarrassing, but I haven't played too many Pokémon games outside of X/Y so I'm not extremely familiar with them. What is ORAS?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire on the GBA.