By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III - for PlayStation 4

Love the series, need to finish the second one on my Vita before this comes out (hopefully 2018 in NA).

Around the Network

Nice to see confirmation about the game. Trails series has grown steadily in the west and in my opinion Trails has the potential to reach AAA-jrpg status if Falcom don't sell out and sacrifice the core fanbase, Dark Souls is a good example. The word of mouth is exceptional and I remember it like yesterday when people were saying this PSP-game (Trails in the Sky) is amazing. For me, Trails series has already climbed to the very top of jrpg's which is a feat I still cannot fully comprehend. It's also nice to see how the series keeps evolving graphically, those screenshots look great especially the 4th one where Rean is in town, old-school charm presented in modern 3D.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Yeah i really need to get around to this series

Have the first 2 on Vita. I will buy this. Gotta support the JRPG team.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Falcom best hope this does well in the West. Pretty gutsy to be PS4 only.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Do you think Falcom should have Trails of Cold Steel I & II remastered for the PS4 and will it help boost ToCS III's sales in any significant way?

outlawauron said:

Well Vita has been declining overall when it comes to PS4 to Vita software recently compared to the past, so maybe they hoping to build PS4 audience for the eventual disapperance of Vita. 

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

Well Vita has been declining overall when it comes to PS4 to Vita software recently compared to the past, so maybe they hoping to build PS4 audience for the eventual disapperance of Vita. 

Yes, but I don't think PS4 version will be able to make up for the lost Vita sales. It's like the reception of Valkyria Chronicles. Have to hope that focusing on one platforms will at least minimalize their dev costs (although with PS4 only, game looks a lot prettier).

@ Aura

Maybe? I can't imagine that the remaster would be done in time + do well enough to be worthwhile. It would probably help more in the West than anywhere else. Maybe they could just release them digitally on PS4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So glad for PS4 only. I want this game to look perfect. On the sales sides....

Damn PS4 reallly became thé console for japanese games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m