By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I flew too close to the 1TF sun and my Switch wings melted.

zippy said:
The power of Switch means jack shit to me, all I want is proof that Nintendo can produce a steady stream of games without long droughts, then I might bite. Having so many Wii U ports fills me with dread, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Funny that the power means jack shit for you, but your avatar is a game that was one of most cutting edge in the history of gaming in terms of graphics and physics.

I know Nintendo fans have lowered their standards countless times in the last 10 years, but man, it's gotten to the point that it doesn't make any sense.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
zippy said:
The power of Switch means jack shit to me, all I want is proof that Nintendo can produce a steady stream of games without long droughts, then I might bite. Having so many Wii U ports fills me with dread, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Funny that the power means jack shit for you, but your avatar is a game that was one of most cutting edge in the history of gaming in terms of graphics and physics.

I know Nintendo fans have lowered their standards countless times in the last 10 years, but man, it's gotten to the point that it doesn't make any sense.

If this keeps up Nintendo's next systems will start to de-evolve into older versions for a modern price. Old New GameBoy anyone?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
maxleresistant said:

If this keeps up Nintendo's next systems will start to de-evolve into older versions for a modern price. Old New GameBoy anyone?

Do you honestly believe that? Talk about not making sense! To say we don't care about graphics is kinda true but to an extent. Nintendo suddenly going from HD to 8bit would not be acceptable as not only would games look like garbage but it'd limit the types of gameplay that are possible.

Nintendo needs to stop using the failure of "regular consoles" like The Gamecube and the Nintendo 64 as reasons to try and be weird and quirky with each new console release. Ya, I think the Switch will be pretty good, but I'd rather have a regular powerful console. The Gamecube and Nintendo 64 were what they were commercially for different reasons, ironically third party support played into it a little bit, but a lot of it was also their impractical designs etc.

COKTOE said:
160rmf said:

That's because Nintendo doesn't need to compete in power to make a good and visually appealing game, unlike Sony and MS that need to come to 4k and CG realistic visuals to please the superficial and insecure consumer segment of the game industry.

Ahhhh! I see! It all makes sense now. I am pretty superficial and insecure. Also a coward. I will kick my best friend down a flight of stairs if it will benefit me in some small way. Do you have a newsletter I could subscibe to?

Just to be clear, i am not saying that everyone that buys a PS/XB is like that, no need to be sensitive over my post.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Do you honestly believe that? Talk about not making sense! To say we don't care about graphics is kinda true but to an extent. Nintendo suddenly going from HD to 8bit would not be acceptable as not only would games look like garbage but it'd limit the types of gameplay that are possible.

Two words: Mini NES

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

maxleresistant said:
zippy said:

Wow, I'm sorry but that was a really dumb post.

Do you really think he enjoys Wave Race because it was "one of the most cutting edge games of the time" or because he thought it was simply a fun game?

When people say power doesn't matter to them, they aren't saying they think power shouldn't progress over time, it means that not all gaming devices need to be powerhouses in order to produce quality games with great visuals.

Even though Wii & Wii U were less powerful than their PS/XB counterparts, it didn't stop them from having some amazing & beautiful games and that's why we don't think power matters all that much for Switch, having a unified platform where all of Nintendo's attention is on a single device that acts as both a handheld & console is far more interesting than having a powerful console.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nintendo needs to stop using the failure of "regular consoles" like The Gamecube and the Nintendo 64 as reasons to try and be weird and quirky with each new console release. Ya, I think the Switch will be pretty good, but I'd rather have a regular powerful console. The Gamecube and Nintendo 64 were what they were commercially for different reasons, ironically third party support played into it a little bit, but a lot of it was also their impractical designs etc.

I don't see how Switch is "weird & quirky", the main selling point of any Nintendo device in the history of Nintendo hardware has been Nintendo published games, that has held true for NES, GB, SNES, N64, GBA, GC, DS, Wii, 3DS & Wii U so releasing a device designed to maximize the output of Nintendo published games is the smartest option they can go with.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
maxleresistant said:

Wow, I'm sorry but that was a really dumb post.

Do you really think he enjoys Wave Race because it was "one of the most cutting edge games of the time" or because he thought it was simply a fun game?

When people say power doesn't matter to them, they aren't saying they think power shouldn't progress over time, it means that not all gaming devices need to be powerhouses in order to produce quality games with great visuals.

Even though Wii & Wii U were less powerful than their PS/XB counterparts, it didn't stop them from having some amazing & beautiful games and that's why we don't think power matters all that much for Switch, having a unified platform where all of Nintendo's attention is on a single device that acts as both a handheld & console is far more interesting than having a powerful console.

Yeah right, so if Wave Race blue storm would have looked like an N64 game and had the same physics, people would have enjoyed it the same. Good one, dude, that's priceless.

Just say it already, it will do you some good I promise say it :"graphics are important, graphis matter", just stop the hypocrisy.

I know that every console don't need to have the same power, the One is fine being underpowered in comparison to the PS4. But if the Switch is really what Eurogamer says it is, it will barely be more powerful than a ps3 or 360. the WiiU was already a generation late, and soon the switch will be 2 generation late.

This is getting ridiculous.

I would totally be fine with it if the switch wasn't the only option available, but Nintendo is not releasing another home console, they are just out of the market. And no I don't think that's a good move or something I want, having a shared library, a shared architecture, a shared OS between home and handheld was a great idea, but having just one device replacing 2? No, it won't work, and you'll see, Nintendo will announce another device that goes along the switch in a year or two tops, but until then, their market shares are going to sink.

zorg1000 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't see how Switch is "weird & quirky", the main selling point of any Nintendo device in the history of Nintendo hardware has been Nintendo published games, that has held true for NES, GB, SNES, N64, GBA, GC, DS, Wii, 3DS & Wii U so releasing a device designed to maximize the output of Nintendo published games is the smartest option they can go with.

Agreed, but we need to see if it will be worth it. Can't wait till this new console(Switch) is over, wil be intersting to look back and see the good and bads.