By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So aparrently switch is a 157 gflops hh and 392 gflop when docked.

Intrinsic said:
I always said it was just a handheld that can be connected to a TV....

They said it's CPU is more powerful than the PS4/XB1, they said it will be able to handle most ports from the PS4/XB1 (cause it supposedly runs a last gen game), They also said 1TF this and that....

Now watch them say specs don't matter and you only buy Nintendo hardware for its exclusives. watch them say this is extremely good for a handheld and it was never designed to be a home console.

Ah well, guess we should all be used to this by now, from Nintendo, from its fans, and from the naysayers (like myself) who Nintendo seems to like to prove right.

Im glad we impacted you in many ways. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Nintendo fans were probably hoping for a little more power to better their chances at more third party games.

I don't really think that Switch needs to have all the third party games to be successful. Also, third-party games didn't sell well even on Wii so I doubt that many Nintendo fans will be dissapointed by this. At least, for me it doesn't matter if Switch will have third-party games or not. I'm getting it for first-party games. Third-party games if there will be some, would be a nice bonus although

Intrinsic said:

They said it's CPU is more powerful than the PS4/XB1, they said it will be able to handle most ports from the PS4/XB1 (cause it supposedly runs a last gen game), They also said 1TF this and that....

Now watch them say specs don't matter and you only buy Nintendo hardware for its exclusives. watch them say this is extremely good for a handheld and it was never designed to be a home console.

Ah well, guess we should all be used to this by now, from Nintendo, from its fans, and from the naysayers (like myself) who Nintendo seems to like to prove right.

Pretty much this. I just couldn't believe that some thought it will be close to Xbox One and went to microscopic tech analysis. People said PS4 is behind because of its ancient design and Nintendo Switch will beat it because of its modern design. In reality its close similar to PS Vita in handheld mode. Can't stop laughing.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

So it was a WiiU + another console!
My argument is 50% valid :D

ArchangelMadzz said:
golfgt170 said:
Kinda expected though. No rumors ever said it will be on par with ps4/xone. I just hoped that it would have enough power to support equal versions of 3rd party games (if it has any)

Excpeted? No one thought the XB1 was going to be 3x more powerful than the switch.

Most rumours had it at slightly less than XB1 and in between XB1 and PS4.
Which isn't impossible to believe given 3 years of technological advancement has happened since they were released, which is a long time.

I fail to understand. How could it be less than Xone and be in between Xone and ps4,  since: Ps4 > Xone > Switch ??

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Excpeted? No one thought the XB1 was going to be 3x more powerful than the switch.

Most rumours had it at slightly less than XB1 and in between XB1 and PS4.
Which isn't impossible to believe given 3 years of technological advancement has happened since they were released, which is a long time.

I fail to understand. How could it be less than Xone and be in between Xone and ps4,  since: Ps4 > Xone > Switch ??

My bad, 

I meant rumours suggeste EITHER slightly less than XB1 and in between XB1 and PS4. 

No one thought XB1 would be 3x faster.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Didn't DF only reveal clock speeds?

ArchangelMadzz said:
golfgt170 said:

My bad, 

I meant rumours suggeste EITHER slightly less than XB1 and in between XB1 and PS4. 

No one thought XB1 would be 3x faster.

ahh ok :)

Well i thought that the power debate was long ago forseen for it to be the weakest of the 3. But not that weak... Especially when docked

NATO said:
Luke888 said:
Considering it is now considerably better than360/PS3 and that many games are still ported to those systems to this day I hope it's enough to get decent third party support !

how many retail games were released for xbox 360 / ps3 this year?

I honestly have no idea :v I just know that they are out there such as FIFA 17 or Persona 5 (in Japan at least)

Intrinsic said:

So like the PS1, & PS2 eras where neither had a hardware advantage yet have the better library of exclusives? Hmmm.. guess its not a behavior exclusive to one fanbase, might want to tone down the generalizations. :P