By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So aparrently switch is a 157 gflops hh and 392 gflop when docked.

So with the new information about the switch lots of people who know about tech are saying it has a performance of 157 gflops when in handheld mode and seeing as the clockspeed is 2.5 times faster when docked that would mean a home console performance of 392.5 gflops.

Now the wii u was 176flops  and the switch uses a more efficient more modern design so in handheld mode it is probably slightly more powerful in real world performance than the wii u. So the handheld is basically a wii u and the home console is a wii u times two and a half. Do you think this level of performance is good enough for the console to be successful or are nintendo cutting corners on their hardware once again? To be honest if this is true i will be dissapointed but i will still buy the thing on day one.

Around the Network

These specs are quite impressive for a handheld, and straight up awful for a home system, so, I expect to see a less successful 3DS scenario when all is said and done.

Nintendo fans were probably hoping for a little more power to better their chances at more third party games.

Kinda expected though. No rumors ever said it will be on par with ps4/xone. I just hoped that it would have enough power to support equal versions of 3rd party games (if it has any)

As long as it is not a FLOP as the WiiU... Get it? Get it? Ok, I will be quiet =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
As long as it is not a FLOP as the WiiU... Get it? Get it? Ok, I will be quiet =(

Hey, made me chuckle.

...I will be quiet as well.

Xen said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Hey, made me chuckle.

...I will be quiet as well.

Lol =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

golfgt170 said:
Kinda expected though. No rumors ever said it will be on par with ps4/xone. I just hoped that it would have enough power to support equal versions of 3rd party games (if it has any)

Actually most people, me included, thought that would be only slightly underclocked in hh mode and significantly overclocked in docked mode compared to the X2 specs. I don't think anyone expected it to be not only the old Tegra version but heavily underclocked as well.

Considering it's Nintendo it shouldn't be a shocker but for me it still is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:

At least now we know it will not be a teraFLOP!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

At least now we know it will not be a teraFLOP!

=D For some reason these silly puns are making me laugh.