By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

I think you may have copied the wrong chart.

omg thats..... embarrassing >_>

I swore I hit the performance pr watts part... lol.

Im gonna end up looking like a arse.

Must be that AMD koolaid causing arthritis in your hands.

But at least you're almost right. The 470 is the most efficient card at 1080p for AMD. Only beaten by the 980, 1060, 1070 and 1080 :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

How does this compare to the Wii U? As powerful or not?

vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

omg thats..... embarrassing >_>

I swore I hit the performance pr watts part... lol.

Im gonna end up looking like a arse.

But at least you're almost right. The 470 is the most efficient card at 1080p for AMD. Only beaten by the 980, 1060, 1070 and 1080 :P

posted the right chart above.

Yeah 1050,1060,1070,1080 are all more power effecient.

the 1060 at 98% vs the 470's 83%, means its like 18% more effecient?

98/83 = 18%.

Nvidia has a 20% lead or so in that reguard.

Waiting to see if that holds true for the newer amd cards comeing.

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

In this chart the 980 was still on top.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

Maybe TPU reran the tests? or used differnt games?

In the lastest review I could find on their site, the 470 was ontop, in that chart I posted.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

Maybe TPU reran the tests? or used differnt games?

In the lastest review I could find on their site, the 470 was ontop, in that chart I posted.

Obviously AMD propaganda.

Turkish said:
How does this compare to the Wii U? As powerful or not?

Is actually hard to know exactly how much powerful it is going only by he numbers we have, but what I understand from what I read is that Switch will slightly outperform WiiU when undocked and be around x3 times the power of WiiU when docked, but more info is still required since we don't really know for exemple how customized the Nvidia chip is or how much Ram the OS will use.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well, regardless of whether some fans are claiming it won't affect their decision(s) regarding the Switch, we can be damn sure that these specs will affect developers' decisions.

Goodnightmoon said:

Is actually hard to know exactly how much powerful it is going only by he numers we have, but what I understand from what I read is that Switch will slightly outperform WiiU when undocked and be around x3 times the power of WiiU when docked, but more info is still required since we don't really know for exemple how customized the Nvidia chip is or how much Ram the OS will use.

After seeing some OpenGL vs Vulkan comparisons and considering that Switch supports Vulkan and that Vulkan is great for ARM mobile chips like Tegra X1, I think we can be confident to say that Switch, even undocked, will be fairly better than Wii U. To be fair, they are comparing Vulkan to OpenGL|ES in the videos below but I think that the point stands.