By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

So in comparison tot he PS4 X1

Where does this thing stand ?

Around the Network

I am disappointed , at least they can have a Tegra X1 power on the Go and over clocked on the docking mode, is not Like The Tegra X1 is a new tech, the chip size should have been shrink by now. But alas , i will buy it anyway, i want Nintendo games, but if this true i will have to wait for one more year to see enough exclusives .

Egelo said:

10 feet under give or take

Egelo said:

They stand on Wii U power level if it's docked ,  but less if it's on mobile. 

FloatingWaffles said:

Here's the thing that I don't get. 

I think we all remember this picture from when the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer dropped and some official info was finally announced.  This is the strongest list of third party developers Nintendo has ever had. Now I know a lot of you might see it and immediately think of responding something like "That list doesn't mean anything until we see games from those developers on the system" or you might be thinking of referencing the Wii U list of third party developers that was shown years ago at its reveal, but the thing is that Wii U list was nothing compared to this list. 

The reason I am showing this is because I feel like it contradicts with how weak these specs are saying the Switch will be. Look at developers like Bethesda, who were quoted not too long ago saying that they WOULD support the Switch if it was AT LEAST as powerful as the Xbox One.

http://wccftech.com/bethesda-developing-nintendo-nx-powerful-xbox/

So if the system is truly as weak as these specs are saying it will be, why does this system have the strongest supporting list of developers than any other Nintendo console, I would figure it would be one of the worst if that was the case. ESPECIALLY Bethesda after what they said about supporting it only if it's as powerful as the Xbox One.

Now I know this is all just rumour and we won't know officially until January, but this just doesn't really add up. I'm also not saying that this can't possibly true, it could easily be considering Nintendo's history of cheaping out on hardware for their systems. But a lot of developers like From Software and Bethesda didn't support the Wii U because of how underpowered it was, so why would it be a different situation this time if the Switch were to be significantly underpowered yet again? 

Added in with all the reports of people saying that the Switch shouldn't have problems running third party games not only from Emily Rogers but even Nvidia said it themselves. This just doesn't really seem to make sense unless Nintendo has managed to convince third parties to support their system despite it being underpowered or something, maybe that is the case, but i'm highly skeptical of that considering developers like Bethesda and what they've said in the past. 

I was thinking of this too! 

I feel like the "easy to port" rumor is true. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Egelo said:

Waaaay under to even be able to talk about direct ports, from what I get from this. Still it is more capable than a WiiU, so we should see some amazing looking titles from Nintendo at least.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Falling right into the clickbait traps, I see. Do you guys not understand the definition of a "rumor?"

This is certainly a surprise to me. To those I've been arguing with lately, yep I was wrong. I really expected it to be on par with a standard X1 and then up-ticked a bit but nothing crazy. This is a little saddening.

Never-the-less I'll still get one as it is still an awesome little machine with what will be excellent first party.

I love how people are taking everything they hear as "fact" just because it's from "so and so".

Jesus, just wait until the 12th people.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I love how people are taking everything they hear as "fact" just because it's from "so and so".

Jesus, just wait until the 12th people.

Why

its not liek nintendo releases specs either way.