By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next year is a big gaming year for me and you can be apart of my year too!

-snip-

Alt removed -RavenXtra

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

I know around a thousand of them including most of their pronunciations and about 2000 vocab. It's still not nearly enough to properly understand much. And that's with hundreds of hours of anime under my belt. My grammar is at best rudimentary and my sentence construction ability is non existent. To be fair though, Japanese sentence construction is very counter intuitive for western learners.

By the end of next year I should be a lot more confident and should've started reading some Japanese websites and mangas.

Wow, so you're much further along than I am! I just started a few months ago. How long have you been learning?

I actually had a time out for over a year until 3 months ago when I started learning for earnest again. I started a few years ago loosely looking at textbooks and fiddling around with Anki for vocab learning. But then I overdid it with Anki and had like 200 new vocab repetions a day and just couldn't take it anymore. So I stopped for a long time but was still engaging daily with Japanese through anime and trying to read stuff.

Then a few months ago I wanted to start again since my new Job is perfect for learning in between. I found wanikani.com and so far it has been pretty great for me. But the most amazing thing is how much knowledge I kept over the years without learning. I'm far into the repetition but I'm still at a point where I already know most of the new stuff I'm learning. It's pretty cool since you can take it as slow or as fast as you want. I've been trying to have a look into Tae Kim's guide but didn't have the time to really get into grammar.

I just hope I can stick to it for the whole next year. That will pay off tremendously in the future. And who knows maybe I'll migrate some day to Japan.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ReimTime said:
Petition to change thread into official VGC language acquisition discussion thread 3000

I guess I'll stop.

VGPolyglot said:
ReimTime said:
Petition to change thread into official VGC language acquisition discussion thread 3000

I guess I'll stop.

no it's fine I have no problem with it lol I'm sure OP likes the gamrpoints too

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
VGPolyglot said:

I guess I'll stop.

We had to do something useful with this thread.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
jason1637 said:

I second this

Thirded?? Thirded 

Did you just Turd him?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Were you not the person who complained about Street Fighter being too hard because the moves are hard to do and that Uncharted was too hard... and that pretty much every game you played was too hard, fuck me that would be tough to watch on youtube.

I'm not a fan of watching lets plays in general, but someone who complains so much that games are hard, I can't imagine that would get much of a following but I could be wrong.

As for not advertising in this thread though, why does the Title ask people here to be a part of your gaming year next year? are we meant to fund you buying the ps4 or scorpio? what aspect of the OP are we to take part in if it isn't your youtube channel?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Were you not the person who complained about Street Fighter being too hard because the moves are hard to do and that Uncharted was too hard... and that pretty much every game you played was too hard, fuck me that would be tough to watch on youtube.

I'm not a fan of watching lets plays in general, but someone who complains so much that games are hard, I can't imagine that would get much of a following but I could be wrong.

As for not advertising in this thread though, why does the Title ask people here to be a part of your gaming year next year? are we meant to fund you buying the ps4 or scorpio? what aspect of the OP are we to take part in if it isn't your youtube channel?

Yeah, we already have Darksydephil if we want to see someone continually complain and suck at games.

vivster said:
ReimTime said:

You could have subscribed to OP's future channel

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
vivster said:

You could have subscribed to OP's future channel

He said in the second post he doesn't want that. I for one respect people's wishes.