By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140
SvennoJ said:
Hmm if the new info is correct at estimates of 150 gflops in undocked mode, not looking to good for mobile VR. That's just a bit over 8% of base ps4 power... Although on par with the WiiU (with better cpu and memory) you would still need significant downgrades to MK8 etc to make it run in high fov stereoscopic VR. Wii level games should work anyway. Mario Galaxy in VR could be a hit.

The HMD could let Switch run in docked mode. Battery would be gone in no time but that would force people to take a break.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Hmm if the new info is correct at estimates of 150 gflops in undocked mode, not looking to good for mobile VR. That's just a bit over 8% of base ps4 power... Although on par with the WiiU (with better cpu and memory) you would still need significant downgrades to MK8 etc to make it run in high fov stereoscopic VR. Wii level games should work anyway. Mario Galaxy in VR could be a hit.

Then I dont get why then made a patent for it? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SvennoJ said:

Absolutelly, all kinds of Nintendo brand VR experiences could happen: Metroid, Kid Ikarus, they could do a VR 8Bit utopia.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

You can rule out VR now,
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223781&page=1

That's some sub-par performance, nowhere near good enough for VR.

NATO said:
You can rule out VR now,

Phones are doing VR, dude. Of course it's good enough for VR.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
NATO said:
You can rule out VR now,

Phones are doing VR, dude. Of course it's good enough for VR.

Not that good phones even. I have seem it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SvennoJ said:

I don't think you'll ever see a mainline Mario in VR. Mario doesn't match VR very well.

spemanig said:
SvennoJ said:

I don't think you'll ever see a mainline Mario in VR. Mario doesn't match VR very well.

Why not? Have you tried the robot escape demo in Playroom VR? It would work perfectly for Mario too.

I'm still not very interested on VR, but Mario Galaxy VR?... I would try that.

Pyro as Bill said:
SvennoJ said:

The HMD could let Switch run in docked mode. Battery would be gone in no time but that would force people to take a break.

Heat would be a problem though, unless there's active cooling in the headset.