By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vita turns 5 today

It appears to be a nice handheld. Unfortunately, like the Wii U, it wasn't able to get anywhere beyond Japan. There'll be a small group of gamers who will remember the console fondly. Still, like the Wii U, it had its share of problems which included costs for a handheld (i.e., the console itself, the memory cards), lack of strong support from Sony themselves after launch, not enough exclusive compelling software (3DS has Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Kid Icarus, FE, Kirby, SMT, MH, AA, Layton, DQ, Yokai, etc.), etc. The rise of mobile didn't help either. Not trying to put down the console, it just didn't work out for the most part. Hopefully the Vita, and the Wii U, will be remembered for what it tried to do and the kind of software it provided.

Around the Network

I got it day one in the US. Still have it. So much failed potential. It is a shadow of what the PSP was. If it just got sequels to the best PSP games I would have been happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Biggest issue I think anyone had with this machine was right out the door if you wanted to play the first party Sony games (on cart even) you were required to buy a memory card for the system which were very expensive for the sizes they offered, one of the absolutely worst sickening parts about this, is that if you have the system modded with HenKAKU there is actually a 2.5GB portion of storage which is on the Vita's memory card, effectively used to store some NAND files which never expand past around 50MB... the rest of this 2 and a half gigs is completely empty.
You can use the storage space for roms and homebrew now, but the knowledge that as people complained that the system was costly because it had no memory... but it literally has 2GB right there... is a sickener for me.
Source (and the fact that I have a MAME library stored on mine now lol)
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/58s91h/fat_vita_has_25gb_in_usable_storage_in_ur0_slim/

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ka-pi96 said:
Read `PlayStation` and `5` in the title and was like `Oh shit, it`s happening already!!!` Then I saw it was just the Vita

"Just the Vita"

Colour me Triggered!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive