By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 game legs

In general I don't think you can say that PS3 games have "Long Legs" being that only 1 PS3 game in the worldwide top 50 last week had been on the charts for more than a month or two.

Around the Network
NintendoMan said:
I agree johnsobas, so far most games in japan have shown poor legs and with america its kind of hit and miss.

that's cause the Japanese move on to the next big game very quickly

A PS3 Game with great legs - COD4 

Chrizum said:
Mars said:
Chrizum said:
PS3 games tend to have higher openings but not very good legs.
lol

More like the opposite. Small opening but sale damn good for long as it was with Resistance Motorstorm Ratchet Uncharted.

Dont you know the wii fanboys on here dubed Motorstorm a flop (3 million now).

You named some exceptions. Motorstorm and Resistance owed 50% of their sales to bundles.

yahh and these are bundled also.

Assasins, COD4, ArmyOf2, ProEvoSoccer and Fifa are out selling the 360 versions.

HappySqurriel said:
In general I don't think you can say that PS3 games have "Long Legs" being that only 1 PS3 game in the worldwide top 50 last week had been on the charts for more than a month or two.

You really cant expect anything less from him other then utter wii fanboy BS.

WW chart for week ending March 28  

#20 Motorstorm Week 68

#21 Cod4 Week 21

#26 Resistance Week 73

#39 Assasins Creed Week 20

#40 Uncharted Week 20

#44 pro Evo Soccer Week 23

#50 Fifa 08 Week 27

Mars said:
HappySqurriel said:

#20 Motorstorm Week 68

#21 Cod4 Week 21

#26 Resistance Week 73

#40 Uncharted Week 20

#50 Fifa 08 Week 27

Notice a surprising similarity between the following two charts?

http://www.vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php

The reason why I choose last weeks data is because this week's data for Japan and North America isn't in.

Around the Network

still wrong.

look at your own chart.

HappySqurriel said:

I guess you aren't counting DMC4.  Uncharted, Resistance, and Motorstorm are in the top 60 though.  As far as I know, having long legs does not deal with topping charts, but rather selling consistently from week to week, and not being front-loaded.

------------week 1---total
Motorstorm 269k---3050k
Resistance 242k ---2640k
Uncharted 137k----1390k
Ratchet and Clank 131k---950k
Heavenly Sword 106k---940k

Granted there has been some help with bundles, most notably Motorstorm, these games have gone on to sell seven to eleven times more than they debuted at.  Obviously the DS, PS2, Wii, etc are going to show better numbers (and yes, longer legs, especially the DS and Wii on particular games), but all things considered, you can't say PS3 games have no legs, unless you are talking about Japan.

Mars said:
still wrong.

look at your own chart.

So Call of Duty 4 isn't the only PS3 game in the top 50 that has been there for more than 2 months?

Mars said:
HappySqurriel said:

#20 Motorstorm Week 68

#21 Cod4 Week 21

#26 Resistance Week 73

#40 Uncharted Week 20

#50 Fifa 08 Week 27

this is Others only, the last week in WW chart

#21 Cod4 week 20

#48 DMC4 week 8

Only this games are in the top 50 for PS3 and have +8 weeks

Yakuzaice said:
HappySqurriel said:

I guess you aren't counting DMC4.  Uncharted, Resistance, and Motorstorm are in the top 60 though.  As far as I know, having long legs does not deal with topping charts, but rather selling consistently from week to week, and not being front-loaded.

Motorstorm 269k---3050k
Resistance 242k ---2640k
Uncharted 137k----1390k
Ratchet and Clank 131k---950k
Heavenly Sword 106k---940k

Granted there has been some help with bundles, most notably Motorstorm, these games have gone on to sell seven to eleven times more than they debuted at.

Certainly having "Long Legs" is more about selling steadily but the best way to determine that would be to look at how long a game was selling at a particular level; if a game has been on the charts for less time then similar games at the same sales level you can say that it has worse legs than those games.