By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 game legs

I'm curious as to which games you think that will have great legs due to PS3 starting to sell more faster now?

And what similar games did that happen on the PS2.   After 2 years of sales, PS2 had around 25M sold.  Now there are nearly 5x as many.  Is there any game of PS2 in that first 2 years of sales, that sold  2x or 3x more than the initial 3 months of sales?  I would think perhaps sports or more casual type games, but I don't know. 

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

PS3 games have long legs expect them to sell and sell and sell.

I think only in Europe games most games will have big legs, very very few games in japan with have legs, and in america some will and some won't.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I agree johnsobas, so far most games in japan have shown poor legs and with america its kind of hit and miss.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

PS3 games tend to have higher openings but not very good legs. Games in Japan tend to rarely have legs at all, and Europe has the best legs relatively.

Around the Network

If a game has good legs, does that mean it has steady sales?

PS-She said:
If a game has good legs, does that mean it has steady sales?

Yes, in a way, as long as the game can keep sales steady for long periods of time (well after the first week), it has good legs.

*wink*

I think GT5P has the potential for some great legs in Europe at the moment.

GTA IV and MGS4 will undoubtedly have great legs worldwide.

@Ps-she

yes for example

we can say R & C & Uncharted had good legs as they both opened at 100K and wen on to sell 1 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think Uncharted, Motorstorm, R&CRToD, and Resistance have legs.
GT5P will have legs.
GTA will have legs (not as much as the Xbox 360 version).
MGS4 will also have legs.
Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and MotorStorm: Pasifica will also have legs.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"