By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 game legs

Europa is land of legs, in Japan too except Xbox360, PS2 and PS3, but DS, Wii and some PSP games have great legs, America is more first week than legs.

Around the Network

So then I guess bad legs would be games that sell really well at first then poorly later.

So what about games that sell poorly at first and really well later?  Is there a different term for them? 

Call of Duty 4 and Assassins Creed both have legs too.

The one game that comes to mind is LittleBigPlanet. That game will most likely have decent opening sales, with extremely long legs.

PS-She said:

So then I guess bad legs would be games that sell really well at first then poorly later.

So what about games that sell poorly at first and really well later?  Is there a different term for them? 

It's the same. Good legs determine a million seller from a multi million seller.

Around the Network

Okay, thanks!

I'll have to disagree about PS3 games having good legs. The only ones that spend more than a few weeks on the top 50 list are generally either really big games that cost a crapload to make, and/or heavily bundled.

Obviously the biggest reason for this is the low userbase, but saying that means it's not a problem is horribly cherry picking IMHO.

Anyway, I expect that the games with the best legs will be the ones with the most to do and/or a decent multiplayer mode, as well as extremely casual-friendly stuff like GTA4 or GT5. Shorter games with less to do and no multiplayer will be much more likely to flock to the second hand market very soon after release.

Chrizum said:
PS3 games tend to have higher openings but not very good legs.
lol

More like the opposite.  Small opening but sale damn good for long as it was with Resistance Motorstorm Ratchet Uncharted.

Dont you know the wii fanboys on here dubed Motorstorm a flop (3 million now). 

Mars said:
Chrizum said:
PS3 games tend to have higher openings but not very good legs.
lol

More like the opposite. Small opening but sale damn good for long as it was with Resistance Motorstorm Ratchet Uncharted.

Dont you know the wii fanboys on here dubed Motorstorm a flop (3 million now).

You named some exceptions. Motorstorm and Resistance owed 50% of their sales to bundles.

@ Chirzum

Oh you are so wrong. Resistance was bundled starting July with Motorstorm in Europe. That bundle was discontinued in September.

3 months of bundled sales in Europe. Thats it.

MS however is quite different.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.