By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The improvised Steam/GOG Secret Santa thread

Not too sure, but I will be removing games from my whishlist as I buy them.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
Not sure what I will buy. Since I get my games mostly from Humble Bundles and have a large backlog of games already. I am considering getting Sorcerer King: Rivals and maybe Nexus - The Jupiter Incident.

I prefer single player games and am not interested in multiplayer focused games.

Nexus looks good for a 12 years old game.

FunFan said:

They're removed automatically. More time to play your new game(s)!.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

In order to make it easier to our Secret Santa to know what we really want (as well as bumping a bit the thread itself), I thought that it could be a good idea to share what games we're looking forward the most in the upcoming Steam Winter Sales. Tell us, what games are you sure, or almost sure, that you'll get regardless of what happens? Or which ones are you following, hoping for a nice discount that will seal the purchase? And the contrary too, what games or genres you don't care about?

For me, the game I'm almost sure I'll get is Cities Skylines. I enjoyed the free weekend they gave us and I'm really looking forward what I can do with more time. That said, I'll only get the base game. Paradox has gone a bit too far for my liking when it comes to DLCs and their price.

Besides that, I'm also following Final Fantasy IX because it's my most liked FF game (tho I know it'll get a 50% off as usual with FF games) and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, because I really enjoyed The New Order. Plus Nazi zombies!

As for games or genres I don't like that's easy: multiplayer only games. I'm a single player guy.

So, what about you?

Pretty easy for me: My (steam) wishlist is ranked, top to bottom. So what's on top is the dearest wish on the list. On GOG basically anything is at the same level more or less, though I think I'll have to remove a few games which are not that interesting to me right now

Btw, I will be on holidays the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow. I should be able to access my GOG account without much fuss, but I'm not so sure about steam because of totally different region. In other words, my secret santa might get his gift a little later, but it will definitly come

JEMC said:
FunFan said:

Oh. Well that explains a lot, since I don't remember ever removing a game after buying them. Anyway, my wishlist has way too many games, but thats because I dont use it as a wishlist but as a to do list. So I don't forget some of the games that catch my attention.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I don't care what I get. It's more important that people get the right things from me. By that I mean I know what's best for them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
JEMC said:

In order to make it easier to our Secret Santa to know what we really want (as well as bumping a bit the thread itself), I thought that it could be a good idea to share what games we're looking forward the most in the upcoming Steam Winter Sales. Tell us, what games are you sure, or almost sure, that you'll get regardless of what happens? Or which ones are you following, hoping for a nice discount that will seal the purchase? And the contrary too, what games or genres you don't care about?

For me, the game I'm almost sure I'll get is Cities Skylines. I enjoyed the free weekend they gave us and I'm really looking forward what I can do with more time. That said, I'll only get the base game. Paradox has gone a bit too far for my liking when it comes to DLCs and their price.

Besides that, I'm also following Final Fantasy IX because it's my most liked FF game (tho I know it'll get a 50% off as usual with FF games) and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, because I really enjoyed The New Order. Plus Nazi zombies!

As for games or genres I don't like that's easy: multiplayer only games. I'm a single player guy.

So, what about you?

Pretty easy for me: My (steam) wishlist is ranked, top to bottom. So what's on top is the dearest wish on the list. On GOG basically anything is at the same level more or less, though I think I'll have to remove a few games which are not that interesting to me right now

Btw, I will be on holidays the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow. I should be able to access my GOG account without much fuss, but I'm not so sure about steam because of totally different region. In other words, my secret santa might get his gift a little later, but it will definitly come

As long as you're able to make it, everything will be ok.

But I'll be watching you!

FunFan said:
JEMC said:

Oh. Well that explains a lot, since I don't remember ever removing a game after buying them. Anyway, my wishlist has way too many games, but thats because I dont use it as a wishlist but as a to do list. So I don't forget some of the games that catch my attention.

I put those game in the "follow" list, to not mix them with the games I want.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Two days left to join the fun!

Also, a reminder to everybody, myself included: make sure that you are friend with those that take part of the event. In Steam you can't gift games to someone who isn't a friend.

JEMC said:

Conina said:

GOG.com: https://www.gog.com/u/conina/wishlist

Welcome!

Your GOG link gives me an error. Can you check it, please? Also, if you have any preference, let me know.

Oops, the privacy setting for the wishlist was on "friends only", now it is open to everyone and the URL should work... no wonder that I got no gifts from strangers. ;)

Perhaps others should check their privacy settings for Steam + GOG, too.

I prefer Steam, but if a game is cheaper on GOG or if GOG put more effort in compatibility patches, i go with that version.

JEMC said:

My most wanted games which will be around $10 in Winter sale are the Limbo-successor INSIDE (if you haven't tried the demo yet, do it now!) and FIREWATCH.

Please count me in http://steamcommunity.com/id/shakarak/wishlist (will be updating next four days)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shakarak/

vivster said:
I don't care what I get. It's more important that people get the right things from me. By that I mean I know what's best for them.

If they dont own Rocket League, send them a fucking turd for being a terrible person. They dont deserve Rocket League.