By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The improvised Steam/GOG Secret Santa thread

outlawauron said:
I will gladly take part again. My steam username is outlawauron and my wishlist is mostly accurate. I have my up to date game collection in my signature.

Thanks for joining!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:
Ahhhhh. Good 'ol noname. What's he doing? He hasn't been online for a few weeks.

No idea, but I think his life got notably busier. Before he left in late November, his participation in the NFL thread (more or less the only thread he still posted in) gradually dropped and eventually he struggled to submit his game picks in time.

Let's hope he does come back, would be a shame to lose him.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

No idea, but I think his life got notably busier. Before he left in late November, his participation in the NFL thread (more or less the only thread he still posted in) gradually dropped and eventually he struggled to submit his game picks in time.

Let's hope he does come back, would be a shame to lose him.

Indeed.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:
Ahhhhh. Good 'ol noname. What's he doing? He hasn't been online for a few weeks.

Maybe you should join us in his place ^.^

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

JEMC said:
BasilZero said:

Nope.

Why not?

You should've called it "Secret Holiday Gift Exchange" in order to not offend non-Santa believers. Now you've done it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
JEMC said:

Why not?

You should've called it "Secret Holiday Gift Exchange" in order to not offend non-Santa believers. Now you've done it.

He's taken part in past Secret Santa events, that's why I was surprised.

And I've been very careful, I haven't said "Christmas" neither in the thread or in the messages I've sent.

JEMC said:
vivster said:

And I've been very careful, I haven't said "Christmas" neither in the thread or in the messages I've sent.

He was joking. Sonta is no belief, is fact!

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
JEMC said:

He was joking. Sonta is no belief, is fact!

True, but people should stop leaving him a glass of liqueur and go back to the milk, otherwise he may not be around for much longer...

In order to make it easier to our Secret Santa to know what we really want (as well as bumping a bit the thread itself), I thought that it could be a good idea to share what games we're looking forward the most in the upcoming Steam Winter Sales. Tell us, what games are you sure, or almost sure, that you'll get regardless of what happens? Or which ones are you following, hoping for a nice discount that will seal the purchase? And the contrary too, what games or genres you don't care about?

For me, the game I'm almost sure I'll get is Cities Skylines. I enjoyed the free weekend they gave us and I'm really looking forward what I can do with more time. That said, I'll only get the base game. Paradox has gone a bit too far for my liking when it comes to DLCs and their price.

Besides that, I'm also following Final Fantasy IX because it's my most liked FF game (tho I know it'll get a 50% off as usual with FF games) and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, because I really enjoyed The New Order. Plus Nazi zombies!

As for games or genres I don't like that's easy: multiplayer only games. I'm a single player guy.

So, what about you?

Not sure what I will buy. Since I get my games mostly from Humble Bundles and have a large backlog of games already. I am considering getting Sorcerer King: Rivals and maybe Nexus - The Jupiter Incident.

I prefer single player games and am not interested in multiplayer focused games.