By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is FF13 still a good excuse for FF15 poor performance in Japan?

Lawlight said:
Hynad said:

Have you been living under a rock during the past decade? It's League of Legends, FFS. Coming regularly to game forums/websites, and not know about LoL?

O_o

What's the player count outside of Asia?

I don't know the server that the Chinese players use, but probably Korea and China's numbers are mixed.

This data only counts ranked players, the ones who surpassed the level 30 and played ranked games. Its based on sites that have player's data, based on the % of 10 millions of players, but isn't from Riot.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Lawlight said:

What's the player count outside of Asia?

I don't know the server that the Chinese players use, but probably Korea and China's numbers are mixed.

This data only counts ranked players, the ones who surpassed the level 30 and played ranked games. Its based on sites that have player's data, based on the % of 10 millions of players, but isn't from Riot.

It seems that they don't have data for China. Makes you wonder why Riot never released numbers by region.

Lawlight said:
Swordmasterman said:

It seems that they don't have data for China. Makes you wonder why Riot never released numbers by region.

It is easier explaination why they only release monthly active userbase time to time (100 million), and not breakdown of regions. So competitors cannot have free research done for them. 

The above information was from data collected by someone else using sample of 10million. 

To be honest i loved ff13. I stick to the famitsu score of 39/40.
Please accept my personal oppinion.

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

It is easier explaination why they only release monthly active userbase time to time (100 million), and not breakdown of regions. So competitors cannot have free research done for them. 

The above information was from data collected by someone else using sample of 10million. 

They stopped giving numbers recently, but League of Legends made almost 2 billions of US$ in revenue last year.

Around the Network

Didn't one of the LOL tournaments have 2m viewers when live?

Swordmasterman said:
Acevil said:

They stopped giving numbers recently, but League of Legends made almost 2 billions of US$ in revenue last year.

It is estimated to have made $1.6B, true. But generally, 65% of the world's F2P MMO games come from Asia. It is safe to assume that a similar percentage of LoL players are found in Asia.

Wyrdness said:
Didn't one of the LOL tournaments have 2m viewers when live?

I would not be surprise if League of Legends is the game that generates the most $ for Esports Worldwide. Even on my country, dozens of thousands of people pay a lot to go  at those tournaments in person.