By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Presentation 2017: Predictions and Bingo Cards! Dawn of The Final Day!

Nothing earth shattering for sure. The console is pretty much everything that was expected.

That being said, there are a few titles that got my attention and hype.

Especially Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Open World Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and of course The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which looks better and better everytime they show something new about it.

I dislike the fact that they didn't show the user interface. Especially how each of its features will run together. Will it be a disconnected mess like on the Wii U, on more seamless like on the PS4 and XBO? 

In any case, it was a day one purchase for me before this presentation, and it still is now that I know Breath of the Wild is a launch title. Can't wait to play that game!

The presentation could have gone without all the cringe worthy monkey mimics some of the presenters did... They were all embarrassing.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Acevil said:

They most likely will release Mario Karty 9 in the middle. 

If that's a joke i don't get it what do you mean? 

In the middle of the consoles life is what I mean. I would be very suprised to Mario Kart and Smash this early. 

My hype levels were in check so I wasn't disappointed really, but overall wasn't very strong presentation

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

JRPGfan said:

Launch titles:  Arms + 1-2-switch, Zelda.

anyone hyped?
I mean I can play zelda on the wii u..... I already have mario kart / splatoon on the wii u too.

Splatoon2, mario, xenoblade, smt,... are 1-3 years out.
Im slightly disappointed.

They said SUmmer for Splatoon 2 = Probably June. 

And 2017 Holiday for Mario. = November or December 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The entire launch is riding on Zelda, at least until Pokemon gets here--assuming that's a Switch exclusive.

It looks like they think "sharing the Joy" will make it the next Wii but I really doubt it.

Around the Network

With this presentation, sadly, I don't think Nintendo is positioning itself in a much better place than it did with the Wii U.

I hope I'm wrong and the console sells like hot cakes. But with this presentation, I don't think they'll be reaching to a different or larger audience than they did with the Wii U.

I'm excited for the new No More Heroes and Xenoblade 2.

I just need to know that Xenoblade Chronicles X will be available on the Virtual Console and I would be a solid sold.

Ka-pi96 said:
Hynad said:

Nothing earth shattering for sure. The console is pretty much everything that was expected.

Especially Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Open World Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and of course The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which looks better and better everytime they show something new about it.

I dislike the fact that they didn't show the user interface. Especially how each of its features will run together. Will it be a disconnected mess like on the Wii U, on more seamless like on the PS4 and XBO? 

In any case, it was a day one purchase for me before this presentation, and it still is now that I know Breath of the Wild is a launch title. Can't wait to play that game!

The presentation could have gone without all the cringe worthy monkey mimics some of the presenters did... They were all embarrassing.

Considering you need a smartphone app to organise parties and online play I wouldn`t hold out hope for it having a seamless ui...

I don't think they said it was required. Just that you could do it with a mobile app.

Ka-pi96 said:
Hynad said:

Considering you need a smartphone app to organise parties and online play I wouldn`t hold out hope for it having a seamless ui...

LMAO dude now you're just REALLY reaching to be disappointed with the system. They were CLEARLY talking about gamers who mostly mobile game and want to take the system on the go in Wifi zones. It's not like the switch will be at your house and you'll need to go to your phone. 

Jranation said:

^Thats the Spirit!!!!

*Fifa 17 

So far I got right with

- Joycon Motion Controlls

- Zelda at Launch

- Refion free

- Touch Screen

But then I was right with the games.... but just not at launch and other stuff!

- Fifa

- Xenoblade

- Fire Emblem Warriors <-------- I WAS FREAKING OUT WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THIS!!!!! FUCK ME! 

- Also the 6 hours being the max

Pocky Lover Boy!