By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to hit 2m in UK next week (Chart-Track)

I've been wondering what was taking so long for 360 to finally pass 2m in UK. Seems their sales before Easter have been pretty low.

Xbox 360 to hit 2m in UK "next week"

The Xbox 360 is on course to record 2 million sales in the UK next week, according to Chart-Track.

Boosted by the recent official price cut and bumper Easter sales period, Microsoft's console hits the milestone in the midst of a fierce scrap with Sony's rival PlayStation 3 in the key European territory.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Dorian Bloch, director of UK sales monitor Chart-Track, said: "We are very close to clocking through 2 million 360s in the UK. It should be next week."

The Xbox 360 launched in the UK in December 2005 and reached 1 million sales after 60 weeks. Sony announced that PlayStation 3, which launched in the UK last March, had sold through 1 million units by February of this year. According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 has sold around 18 million units worldwide since launch.

Following price reductions to all three models of the Xbox 360 across Europe, GamesIndustry.biz revealed that 360 enjoyed a 40 per cent uplift in sales within the first weekend after the cut.

After a further leap over the Easter weekend, Bloch said sales dropped by 11 per cent for week 13, while PS3 enjoyed a jump of 14 per cent, coinciding with the launch of the heavily advertised Gran Turismo 5: Prologue hardware bundle. Microsoft was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

"The Xbox 360 is extremely well liked in the UK and very strong," added Bloch. "Sony has a long way to go to overtake it in the UK."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/xbox-360-to-hit-2m-in-uk--next-week-

Around the Network

2 million XBox 360 sales in UK in a week must be a April Fool's prank.

If this isn't an April Fools trick then we are MASSIVELY undertracking the 360 in the UK (and therefore Europe).

Personally I think it is a joke.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

He's talking sales since launch.

edit2: lulz =/ 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

XBox 360 consoles would have to be reduced to 10 pounds, to achieve those numbers.

Around the Network

Oh-uh if true... it could mean that the 360 needs an adjustment in its UK sales.

by like minus 200.000 or so.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

It's what i thought since the day we learn the ps3 reach the million. At this time, at vgchartz, the 360 did two million, and i was surprised that chart-track don't speak about that. Now i understand, because the 360 was absolutely not at 2 milion in uk at this time. For the percentage about the hardware of week 13, it's very different of the number give by ioi. So we can imagine adjustement soon.

so.. 60 weeks to reach 1 million sales and around 119-120 weeks to reach the 2 million mark?

What figures are people looking at? As 360 figures and PS3 figures have been swapped. :P (Such a fun day)

According to VGC, 360 is at 2.13million in the UK...so if anything, it's overtracked.

Hmm, pie.

what Fury said.

I just went into the Others section.

PS3 shows a 2 million lead in the UK while the 360 is placed with 1 million. Obviously its suppose to be the other way around....

... however this would mean that ioi has to drop the total sales of the 360 by 140.000 or so.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.