By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much time til FF XV-2?

SegataSanshiro said:
Neodegenerate said:

We don't have definitive proof of Iggy Prompto or Gladio dying.  We just know that they were fighting daemons when Noct went upstairs.  I interpreted the ending to be that they lived on to help rebuild while Noct sacrificed himself and went on to be with Luna.

Well like any Nomura creation. It's a muddled awful story that isn't very clear.

I haven't played the game but read the spoilers, because I really don't mind spoilers. But, business wise, plot never was a reason to NOT produce a sequel. Look at Metal Gear Solid, the first game had a plot closed in itself, and every sequel was "the last Metal Gear Solid".  I haven't played 5, but Solid Snake supposedly died of age after MGS4 but MGS5 was made either way.

Around the Network

Well we have a season pass so i don't think it will happen.

Jpcc86 said:

I dont feel this game needs a "FFXV-2" but they could release some sort of expansion/dlc.
Also, I want a bestiary. Just give me a bestiary jesus.

And a menu option to see summons

invetedlotus123 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Well like any Nomura creation. It's a muddled awful story that isn't very clear.

I haven't played the game but read the spoilers, because I really don't mind spoilers. But, business wise, plot never was a reason to NOT produce a sequel. Look at Metal Gear Solid, the first game had a plot closed in itself, and every sequel was "the last Metal Gear Solid".  I haven't played 5, but Solid Snake supposedly died of age after MGS4 but MGS5 was made either way.

Nah MGS closed that story just in case but left the lore open as well just in case. Also Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are cannon before Metal Gear Solid.

SegataSanshiro said:
Neodegenerate said:

We don't have definitive proof of Iggy Prompto or Gladio dying.  We just know that they were fighting daemons when Noct went upstairs.  I interpreted the ending to be that they lived on to help rebuild while Noct sacrificed himself and went on to be with Luna.

They could easily make a game focused on Lunafreya's exploits before joining in the story with Noct.  All female cast this time. Not that I want that game, but I could easily see that happening. 
Anyway, I just want a damn bestiary. 

Around the Network

I expect that several of the XIII games were dry runs for XV. The wound mechanic is similar to the normal and danger health bars, dodging was similar to defense in Lightning Returns, etc. Perhaps the logic was that the direct sequels to XIII were safer playtests than diving in with XV, or that they would bide time until the next generation. Or perhaps that Lightning hadn't yet filed a restraining order on her creeper creator Tetsuya Nomura.

I don't really have any idea how they're going to make a sequel, but that's not stopped them in the past. I had no clue how they were going to follow up XIII or XIII-2, either. One of these had a good follow-up, the other did not.

There's gonna be DLC out the ass for it.

Making the next Final Fantasy be another sequel is only going to harm the franchise, no matter how well received XV is.

FFXVI needs to be out within the next 3 years.

No more Final Fantasy sequels. They need to find new IPs or do some semi-related spinoffs with different characters.

SegataSanshiro said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Nah MGS closed that story just in case but left the lore open as well just in case. Also Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are cannon before Metal Gear Solid.

It maybe, but my point is, making or not a sequel is a business decision, and not an artistic decision. If the game brings good revenue and S-E executive board thinks it`s a good idea to make a sequel, and decides that a sequel should be done, butchering the plot or creating plot holes after plot holes won`t be what will stop them.

Carl2291 said:
There's gonna be DLC out the ass for it.

Making the next Final Fantasy be another sequel is only going to harm the franchise, no matter how well received XV is.

FFXVI needs to be out within the next 3 years.

i think ff7-r will be out before that...