By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom targeting 4m first day sales for Resident Evil 7

4m in one day is wholly unrealistic.

Around the Network

What on earth are they basing this on? The popularity of P.T.?

Surely they must mean first week? It's NEVER gonna sell 4m first day. And isn't this game VR exclusive? Or did I miss something? If it IS VR exclusive, they won't even be able to reach 4m in the games life time, or just barely.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Surely they must mean first week? It's NEVER gonna sell 4m first day. And isn't this game VR exclusive? Or did I miss something? If it IS VR exclusive, they won't even be able to reach 4m in the games life time, or just barely.

Its not VR exclusive. Still dont see how this has any chance of selling 4M on day 1 though...

KLXVER said:
DanneSandin said:

Its not VR exclusive. Still dont see how this has any chance of selling 4M on day 1 though...

Oh ok, 'cause that's all I've been seeing of the game; it running on VR... No way in hell it'll sell 4m on day one; maybe in the first week, if they're really lucky and the game really good

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Hm, good luck with that one.

Ouch, that's not gonna happen. That's proper blockbuster territory.

4m LTD? sure, day one? I don't think so.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
What's the definition of insanity again?

Got you covered =D.

Yeah, Capcom be expecting crazy numbers for the first day, is just a little bit crazy (really insane more like). Resi 6 got panned and didn't do too well and the episodic Resi idea didn't produce amazing results either. I think Capcom are banking on the whole LP craze of those that played OUtlast or Amnesia for years, and that they think people will all be doing that with Resi 7.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"