By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom targeting 4m first day sales for Resident Evil 7

I won't buy it Day one and I don't think it will sel that much at the first day

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
As I said in the other thread. It will sell 7 millions of units day one since it won't have competition in January.

You must be kidding right

I doubt it tbh at least not on day 1.

Darwinianevolution said:
Too many sales. They are overshooting this by a lot in my opinion. R5 and 6 got critically panned, and I don't know if they can muster enough hype for this amount of sales day one.

RE5 got panned critically? sure it wasn't as good as 4 but it did good metacritic and sales wise.  now re6 is another story.  the only RE that I started but didnt finish

Either they're looking at some really positive preorder numbers, or they're fucked up on drugs.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

What the fuck... 4M first day is nowhere near to reality... XD
1.5-2M is the maximum I can see the game selling first day.

Fair enough, unless it gets even more hyped.

Angelv577 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Too many sales. They are overshooting this by a lot in my opinion. R5 and 6 got critically panned, and I don't know if they can muster enough hype for this amount of sales day one.

RE5 got panned critically? sure it wasn't as good as 4 but it did good metacritic and sales wise.  now re6 is another story.  the only RE that I started but didnt finish

Indeed, 84-86 on Metacritic isn't a bad number.

Edit: But the franchise was able to score 96.

I'm still on the fence with RE6. It is going to depend a lot of what the reviewers say about it.

Swordmasterman said:
Angelv577 said:

Indeed, 84-86 on Metacritic isn't a bad number.

Edit: But the franchise was able to score 96.

yeah, it didn't score as high as previous RE but I still think Re5 wasn't the one that made gamers lose faith in the franchise, I think RE6 is the one.  RE7 might suffer because of that game.  

Fine, sell 4 million copies.

Where is Deep Down?