By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Swordmasterman said:
Why would the Xbox One be ahead even with the release of Pro and while having the same price as the PS4 Slim ?

Good question, it shouldn't be possible. If the numbers are even close to one another, that really says something about the Xbox brand's strength in this market.

Around the Network

Come on I'm tired of waiting

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/xbox-ones-victory-streak-ends-with-ps4-winning-november-2016-black-friday-sales-npd-group-38551

Sony won?

This website claims PS4 won http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/xbox-ones-victory-streak-ends-with-ps4-winning-november-2016-black-friday-sales-npd-group-38551

Microsoft's statement:

We have seen strong momentum for Xbox One since announcing the new Xbox One S at E3 in June. That momentum continued in November as gaming consoles were once again among the most sought-after products to buy over Black Friday weekend. In addition, we saw record engagement among Xbox One owners on Xbox Live as fans enjoyed new games and great deals. In fact, the total players online on Sunday, Nov. 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year. If you missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, we are pleased to be extending our $50 off offer on all Xbox One S consoles for a limited time starting Dec. 11 at participating U.S. retailers. And if you’re looking to pair your new Xbox One S with a brand new 4K TV, we’re partnering with many leading retailers, including Best Buy, where you can save $150 and get a free Xbox Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One S with select 4K TVs.

I have no idea how reliable this website is.

We know the PS4 won but by how many?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
I hope that Xbox wins 'cause I'm making me some fries but I'm out of salt.

LOL. 

PS4 should win though thanks to Pro and cheaper BF deals.

PS4 won...? No way. That can't be. Backwards compatibility and 4K Blu-ray on the Xbox One S is the PS4 killa. No, this cannot be. I refuse to face this bizarro world reality.

:-o

Rip drama. Popcorn gone to waste

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Crapgamerreviews is probably triggered right now :p
He said the only reason the PS4 was doing the 50m announcement, was because it lost NPD in the US.
He was wrong.

Looks like sony just announced 50m.... because it past 50m?

Yup, PS4 won http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/08/playstation-4-pro-helps-sonys-console-outsell-xbox-one-in-november-in-the-u-s/
Just posting again because of the other website is kinda an unknown website

Microsoft statement:

“We have seen strong momentum for Xbox One since announcing the new Xbox One S at E3 in June,” Nichols said. “That momentum continued in November as gaming consoles were once again among the most sought-after products to buy over Black Friday weekend. In addition, we saw record engagement among Xbox One owners on Xbox Live as fans enjoyed new games and great deals. In fact, the total players online on Sunday, November 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year.”