By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Jranation said:
jason1637 said:

Yikes

There goes mine and ppls prediction of the PS4 breaking the Wii's record =(

I really thought it would due to Slim + VR + Pro

Which world record is that?

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
princevenom said:
both ps4 and xbone 1 bombed hard this month

Well ps4 has Europe and the rest of the world to compensate for that.  I am more worried about xb1 though since US is his biggest territory.  

Actually Sony need N/A and console gaming worldwide in general way more than MS. Its bad news for Sony to have such a decline in an important market for one of their few money making businesses. Terrible actually since their TV business declined, PCs offloaded, phones down quite a bit  and now this.  They need console profits way more than MS do. For MS its a minor business venture to run alongside its other huge money makers, - Surface, Windows 10, Enterprise, Software, Cloud etc. On the topic of compueter hardware, the irony here is while Sony failed in the pc hardware space, MS are thriving with the Surface line of computers.  I mean isnt hardware supposed to be Sony's bread and butter. Very concerning trend for Sony.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
Angelv577 said:

Well ps4 has Europe and the rest of the world to compensate for that.  I am more worried about xb1 though since US is his biggest territory.  

Actually Sony need N/A and console gaming worldwide in general way more than MS. Its bad news for Sony to have such a decline in an important market for one of their few money making businesses. Terrible actually since their TV business declined, PCs offloaded, phones down quite a bit  and now this.  They need console profits way more than MS do. For MS its a minor business venture to run alongside its other huge money makers, - Surface, Windows 10, Enterprise, Software, Cloud etc. On the topic of compueter hardware, the irony here is while Sony failed in the pc hardware space, MS are thriving with the Surface line of computers.  I mean isnt hardware supposed to be Sony's bread and butter. Very concerning trend for Sony.

Lmao sure they don't even give numbers for Surface, pretty sure is a major flop and another money sink like Bing  Xbox or many others, it's just that Microsoft can hide that behind their monstrous Windows and Office revenues. 

Don't try to fool people seriously, sure Microsoft is big but all they do recently apart from W10 and Cloud  is major flops aka Bing Xbox One Windows 8 Surface Kin etc. 

Sure they can one day become big brands, iphone didn't set the world on fire when launched. 

PS4 doomed again!! 

A poorly performing American market is bad for Microsoft because they're so dependant on it.  Not so much for Sony,  who sell well all over the world. 

SvennoJ said:
AsGryffynn said:

You should change it... 

And unlikely to be sustainable. If MS keeps the momentum after this month which seems no longer inconceivable, they might gain their lead back... Then it will become an strange inverted version of what happened last gen between the two. 

According to everything I've been able to read on past NPDs or in other words nothing, the Xbox One literally only needs to put half a hundred thousand sales more to regain the lead. 

I thought the ps4 was still 150k ahead going into November, so if this 100k gap is true it's still a quarter million more the XBox One needs to put in to win 2016. Where did that thread go...

Edit: found it
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222839&page=1
PS4 vs XBox One 2421 vs 2210 (corrected total)
So if the rumors are true it's now 3521k vs 3210k

310k+ gap would be sweet going into December.  Sony have really held Microsoft at arms lenght in America in 2016 despite all their efforts. They've played a blinder so far! 

iNathan said:
3sexty said:

Lmao sure they don't even give numbers for Surface, pretty sure is a major flop and another money sink like Bing  Xbox or many others, it's just that Microsoft can hide that behind their monstrous Windows and Office revenues. 

Don't try to fool people seriously, sure Microsoft is big but all they do recently apart from W10 and Cloud  is major flops aka Bing Xbox One Windows 8 Surface Kin etc. 

Sure they can one day become big brands, iphone didn't set the world on fire when launched. 

Lauaghing your ass off? at surface now being a billion doallar per qaurter business and it just keeps on improving. Its amuzing to see what makes you laugh. You need to read up a little more. Check the last profit quarterly releasea and related news. Unlike Sony hardware products, Surface computing business is on the rise and gaining traction. (save me some time and do a couple google searches for yourself). And I wouldnt call Xbox One a flop without providing some more uesful context. They are still supporiting it and even providing new h/w releases into the coming year - and now making gains on Sony's primary money maker (in the u.s). So obviously they have a better gauge as to whether its a flop than you I'd say. If they thought it was a pointless excersice they would have dropped it already (and a long time ago - like many of you have wrongly predicted). But hey, they are still here in 2016 and certainly though to 18/19 at least. I think you are trying to play it down by trying to sound really dramatic with misleading words like flop..Anyhow I have provided you with some entertaining reading below should you wish to indulge!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiL_fC65PrQAhVClZQKHaODC9IQFggyMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2016%2F10%2F20%2F13352022%2Fmicrosoft-q1-2017-earnings&usg=AFQjCNHpqaGBI_5vnOKCWYunrqPu8vGRIw&sig2=wBtmaIhJ1o1lphgPYPjgDg&bvm=bv.142059868,d.dGo

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Around the Network
3sexty said:
iNathan said:

Lauaghing your ass off? at surface now being a billion doallar per qaurter business and it just keeps on improving. Its amuzing to see what makes you laugh. You need to read up a little more. Check the last profit quarterly releasea and related news. Unlike Sony hardware products, Surface computing business is on the rise and gaining traction. (save me some time and do a couple google searches for yourself). And I wouldnt call Xbox One a flop without providing some more uesful context. They are still supporiting it and even providing new h/w releases into the coming year - and now making gains on Sony's primary money maker (in the u.s). So obviously they have a better gauge as to whether its a flop than you I'd say. If they thought it was a pointless excersice they would have dropped it already (and a long time ago - like many of you have wrongly predicted). But hey, they are still here in 2016 and certainly though to 18/19 at least. I think you are trying to play it down by trying to sound really dramatic with misleading words like flop..Anyhow I have provided you with some entertaining reading below should you wish to indulge!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiL_fC65PrQAhVClZQKHaODC9IQFggyMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2016%2F10%2F20%2F13352022%2Fmicrosoft-q1-2017-earnings&usg=AFQjCNHpqaGBI_5vnOKCWYunrqPu8vGRIw&sig2=wBtmaIhJ1o1lphgPYPjgDg&bvm=bv.142059868,d.dGo

Doesn't mean anything when you sell Surfaces for 3000€ over here, there is a reason they don't give me numbers about it but they always throw W10 Office numbers, it's a flop period marketshare wise  period. 

Then we have Bing, Zune, Kin, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Windows 8,Windows Vista, Xbox One etc... 

But this is how the market works, you have to fail and fail in order to succeed, successful people are successful because they fail plenty and learn from those failures just like Sony had to learn with their TV, Vaio and Smartphones business, now they are doing less but trying profits, Microsoft on the other hand can take billions in losses and still be fine, I mean Nokia was a monumental failure, Skype also not so hot. 

Again it's ok to have FAILURES, every company has failures its nothing new lol

3sexty said:
Angelv577 said:

Damn it doesn't look good for Xbox then. I mean if it's a concerning trend for PS4 to sell over 1M in one month in one territory while having the best Black Friday week Worldwide in PlayStation history then Xbox must be on life support. All the figures look great for the PS4, it's sold 50M to consumers and on its way to selling 400M units of software in 3 years.

Xbox is being beaten in every territory and in some countries by a huge margin. In Japan it's nonexistent. 

If this is worrying to Sony, then Xbox must be on it's last legs. MS will be holding a shotgun and taking Xbox up to the top of garden like an old sheepdog on its final walk.

iNathan said:
3sexty said:

Doesn't mean anything when you sell Surfaces for 3000€ over here, there is a reason they don't give me numbers about it but they always throw W10 Office numbers, it's a flop period marketshare wise  period. 

Then we have Bing, Zune, Kin, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Windows 8,Windows Vista, Xbox One etc... 

But this is how the market works, you have to fail and fail in order to succeed, successful people are successful because they fail plenty and learn from those failures just like Sony had to learn with their TV, Vaio and Smartphones business, now they are doing less but trying profits, Microsoft on the other hand can take billions in losses and still be fine, I mean Nokia was a monumental failure, Skype also not so hot. 

And yes the first Surface (RT) was a monumental failure due its poor operating system (dumbed down version of Windows 8 OS). Honestly they have improved vastly in both mindshare and sales since the Surface Pro 3.  Windows phone.. - well we all know how badly that went..

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

SWORDF1SH said:
3sexty said:

Damn it doesn't look good for Xbox then. I mean if it's a concerning trend for PS4 to sell over 1M in one month in one territory while having the best Black Friday week Worldwide in PlayStation history then Xbox must be on life support. All the figures look great for the PS4, it's sold 50M to consumers and on its way to selling 400M units of software in 3 years.

Xbox is being beaten in every territory and in some countries by a huge margin. In Japan it's nonexistent. 

If this is worrying to Sony, then Xbox must be on it's last legs. MS will be holding a shotgun and taking Xbox up to the top of garden like an old sheepdog on its final walk.

The difference here is that MS can afford to keep a declining console trend on life support.  Sony on the other hand cannot as it is one of its only life supporters for its entire business.. Quite worrying when you combine a new pro release coupled with psvr release as well as a super cheap ps4 slim relaese which combined should have obliterated the competition in the month of Novemember...but sadly it didnt and the copetition with no major relaese was nipping at its heal...Sony needs to do something and fast....Otherwise we will see the begining of a decline in its only bright spot.....Future success for consoles is a must for Sony or its game over.MS on the other hand will likely keep supporting the business even if it is a hobby for them - and guess what..there will always be consumer interest in it and its been a hobby for them for the last 10 years (and still committed to it). Sony needs to keep the console business strong just to stay alive as a company.  The stakes are alot higher for them otherwse they have no business in ten yrs time including playstation. November trend is worrying in this respect and Dec will seem likely worse given whats happened in the U.S - a very important market indeed.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One