By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

AsGryffynn said:

You should change it... 

And unlikely to be sustainable. If MS keeps the momentum after this month which seems no longer inconceivable, they might gain their lead back... Then it will become an strange inverted version of what happened last gen between the two. 

According to everything I've been able to read on past NPDs or in other words nothing, the Xbox One literally only needs to put half a hundred thousand sales more to regain the lead. 

yes, if MS can sell 50k more consoles than sony everymonth. It will only take them 23 months to regain the lead in NA. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Only 100k can't be legit, lol.

Yes it can.

jason1637 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Only 100k can't be legit, lol.

Yes it can.

I could believe that 100k, however there is a problem ... The information comes from a source connected to BGST. Maybe the thing turns out to be true ( I doubt very much), but until  we get numbers from another source I consider the 100k thing bullshit!

X1Gates said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Now all is settled down we have to analyse the situation. So PS4 down significantly YoY is disappointing for Sony, no doubt about it but WW has more than made up for the lackluster month in the US.
On the positive note from Sony's pov, they beat the Xbox One by 100k and crushed their momentum. The Xbox One S was supposed to be the console that pushed them ahead and now with all the cards on the table, it didn't.
It must be worrying for MS and Xbox One , US/UK are the only markets they can compete but still handily being beaten, even with the 'S'.
Meanwhile, Sony is closing in on 20M consoles sold this year.

Not really. Sony released the ps vr and also the pro/fire sale and they could only manage 100k sales gap. It is worrying for sony that they could only mnage that 100k sale gap

There was no firse sale, unless X1 had a firesale too.

Sad you guys have to make stuff up to feel better about X1 sales. 

And it's worrying for MS because this is where 60% of their sales come form. THey even got pulverised in the UK last month. 

Manlytears said:
jason1637 said:

Yes it can.

I could believe that 100k, however there is a problem ... The information comes from a source connected to BGST. Maybe the thing turns out to be true ( I doubt very much), but until  we get numbers from another source I consider the 100k thing bullshit!

The numbers also lack precision. When Aquamarine reveals the hardware numbers, the numbers are precise to three decimal places if we were to talk in millions (e.g. 0.376 million as opposed to 0.4 million). We don't know if those alleged 1 million XBO sales are rounded up from 0.950 million or rounded down from 1.049 million. Same with the PS4. Is the 1.1 million figure rounded up from 1.050 million or rounded down from 1.149 million?

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
ZhugeEX said:

That is correct. 

Using the rankings to work out unit sales, without factoring in which games are priced lower or have been discounted, can give an inaccurate view of the market. 

Not to mention that some games include digital sales in the rankings whilst others do not. 

So wait...they noted Pokemon doesn't include digital sales and it has been priced lower than CoD for most of the month...doesn't that mean it being above CoD according to NPD actually means it beat it rather badly in terms of straight up sales?

The NPD PR does not note whether combined sales of Pokemon Sun and Moon are higher than that of Call of Duty on a unit or revenue basis. 

So I couldn't possibly say. 

PS4 down 24-30%
(1.045-1.144 this yr vs 1.5 last yr)

XB1 down 20-27%
(0.945-1.044 this yr vs 1.3 last yr)

*(1.0/1.1 rumour)

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
PS4 down 24-30%
(1.045-1.144 this yr vs 1.5 last yr)

XB1 down 20-27%
(0.945-1.044 this yr vs 1.3 last yr)

*(1.0/1.1 rumour)

I like that people are arguing over which drop is worse when they're both pretty bad. Then again, last holiday saw both systems hit $299 for the first time (a bigger deal than $249, I would argue, and a huge difference from the ps4's $399 price tag that carried all the way until October) and saw the releases of Fallout 4, Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, all huge retail hits. This year, Infinite Warfare is down a great deal, and only Battlefield 1 (and Pokemon :)) are truly matching expectations, while Watch Dogs, Titanfall (though it did better in November, seemingly) Gears of War and Dishonored are not doing well at all. Even the new hardware isn't going to compensate for those losses. 

AsGryffynn said:
BraLoD said:

BraLoL is my cousin that is addicted on League of Legends!

You should change it... 

VGPolyglot said:

Well, you can't ignore the fact that the Pro was released Russ month, which makes the win much less impressive.

And unlikely to be sustainable. If MS keeps the momentum after this month which seems no longer inconceivable, they might gain their lead back... Then it will become an strange inverted version of what happened last gen between the two. 

According to everything I've been able to read on past NPDs or in other words nothing, the Xbox One literally only needs to put half a hundred thousand sales more to regain the lead. 

what do you mean?  maybe I misunderstood but ps4 is still winning worldwide even if xb1 get US back.

You can always tell when Playstation is winning a generation. That US basket brimeth over with well selected eggs.

The PS5 Exists.