By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

JRPGfan said:

"we do not know the gap but it if it's that alleged 300k, then yeah intrinsic for me it's not big when you take into account PS4 pro release, since without it, PS4 could be outsold by xb1 or barely outsell it!"

That is true... with a 300k gap, without the PS4pro it might just barely have outsold the XB1.

However a win is a win :p  And 300k is still a decent sized gap in itself... the gap is growing in the US.

Sony can go even with the XB1 in the US, and make up the win by world wide sales.
And still 2 : 1 the XB1, gobally.

I'm glad that a sony fan agrees to it, because I'm being attacked so far! I will say the same thing if xbox one outsells ps4 just with 300k in the month of scorpio arrival.

That's me, I'm not downplaying the victory of ps4 or favoring xbox1, I'm explaining what would be my desired gap and what I would consider big...

People have their own standards and if the reasoning is unbiased, apt and fair there is no reason for aggresive replies.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

"we do not know the gap but it if it's that alleged 300k, then yeah intrinsic for me it's not big when you take into account PS4 pro release, since without it, PS4 could be outsold by xb1 or barely outsell it!"

That is true... with a 300k gap, without the PS4pro it might just barely have outsold the XB1.
However a win is a win :p  And 300k is still a decent sized gap in itself... the gap is growing in the US.

Sony can go even with the XB1 in the US, and make up the win by world wide sales.
And still 2 : 1 the XB1, gobally.

JRPGfan said:

What kind of bizarre logic is this?

If there weren't a PS4 Pro, those 300k people waiting for the Pro would have simply bought a PS4. There is no "barely" in correct logic, Sony simply sold more consoles that MS in November - End of story.

4k1x3r said:
tak13 said:

Firstly, we do not know the gap but it if it's that alleged 300k, then yeah intrinsic for me it's not big when you take into account PS4 pro release, since without it, PS4 could be outsold by xb1 or barely outsell it! Why do you find that preposterous?

Secondly, I hope to see the same angry post when I will say exactly the same thing when xbox scorpio comes and wins PS4 for  just 300k...

Lastly, nothing... haha

Dude, where did you find the power to see into the future? Share the goods brother!

And secondly, if the PS4Pro is responsible for 300k in sales, do you think that if it didn't exist PS4 would have sold 300k less.... like... a % of those buyers wouldn't have bought a PS4 Slim? Right? Your logic is skewed for obvious reasons, and this is just a time loss for everyone.

I forgot to put an if, calm down.

I had this in my mind... 

However, what makes you think that most who bought PS4  pro in its first month weren't old ps4 owners who upgrade to it but the same wouldn't happen with slim?

4k1x3r said:
tak13 said:

Firstly, we do not know the gap but it if it's that alleged 300k, then yeah intrinsic for me it's not big when you take into account PS4 pro release, since without it, PS4 could be outsold by xb1 or barely outsell it! Why do you find that preposterous?

Secondly, I hope to see the same angry post when I will say exactly the same thing when xbox scorpio comes and wins PS4 for  just 300k...

Lastly, nothing... haha

Dude, where did you find the power to see into the future? Share the goods brother!

And secondly, if the PS4Pro is responsible for 300k in sales, do you think that if it didn't exist PS4 would have sold 300k less.... like... a % of those buyers wouldn't have bought a PS4 Slim? Right? Your logic is skewed for obvious reasons, and this is just a time loss for everyone.

Yeah its a bit of a silly argument, seems strange to downplay 300k when thats bigger than the 4months previously put together and bigger than any one of the months won by MS by a long amount, but some people will still say, sony is not doing as well as it should, though its going to be 500k up on the year on MS, on a year where MS did some pretty aggressive pricing.

Based on if its 300k, in one month they have taken back those four months sales in USA and UK, two very important markets (they did it in the UK in one weekend...lol), the PS4 is the best selling console for the year in both those countries. The gap is continuing to increase, but apparently Sony is doing bad :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Lauster said:
Normchacho said:
There is no actual source for this 300K number correct?

Correct, gap could be bigger

or a lot smaller

tak13 said:
4k1x3r said:

I forgot to put an if, calm down.

I had this in my mind... 

However, what makes you think that most who bought PS4  pro in its first month weren't old ps4 owners who upgrade to it but the same wouldn't happen with slim?

What makes you think the opposite? See where this is going?! Hm?

What makes me think this is because of probabilities. It's impossible that all those sales were OG replacement. So I'll repeat myself, if 300k for the PS4Pro is what made it win over X1 (for example, 1.3m to 1m, whatever, just 300k difference between the two, or even 250k, statistically speaking the PS4 would have still won if the PS4Pro didn't exist).

If the difference is 1.3M to 1.25M despite the Pro, then you might have some ground for your argument. Until we know more, any argument that starts with 'if the PS4Pro didn't exist" is just silly....

Madword said:

Yeah its a bit of a silly argument, seems strange to downplay 300k when thats bigger than the 4months previously put together and bigger than any one of the months won by MS by a long amount, but some people will still say, sony is not doing as well as it should, though its going to be 500k up on the year on MS, on a year where MS did some pretty aggressive pricing.

Based on if its 300k, in one month they have taken back those four months sales in USA and UK, two very important markets (they did it in the UK in one weekend...lol), the PS4 is the best selling console for the year in both those countries. The gap is continuing to increase, but apparently Sony is doing bad :D

Yup... this is all new to me. This is a whole nee direction i didnt even believe was possible.

Now, Sony is losing because they didn't win MS as much as expected. Even if they wiped off all the wins it took MS 4 months to get in one month. 

So MS wins NPD because they didn't lose it too badly. 

X1Gates said:
Lauster said:

Correct, gap could be bigger

or a lot smaller

Yeah its weird having conversations based on random numbers. The gap is some number between 1 and a million.  Whats worse is that when we do get numbers there is a big chance that we won't have the correct Slim/Pro split. 

drkohler said:
JRPGfan said:

What kind of bizarre logic is this?

If there weren't a PS4 Pro, those 300k people waiting for the Pro would have simply bought a PS4. There is no "barely" in correct logic, Sony simply sold more consoles that MS in November - End of story.

I bet most of the 300k were upgraders.