By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Intrinsic said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe NPD owns the copyrights to the numbers, and only allow Sony/Microsoft to give out certain information?

Yes NPD owns the rights to the numbers. And MS and co. pay to get accesss to those numbers on the grounds that they can't share the information. But that's put in place so Sony doesnt go announcing to the world what MS numbers are if MS doesmt want the world to know. 

What I don't know tho is why don't Sony share PS numbers. It's their own numbers and they have the right to disclose that information if they want. I mean, as bad as nintendo was getting it they still shared their monthly numbers. So what gives?

They do announce numbers.... Just not every month. I actually can't imagine why Sony is rather inconsistent in how they make their announcements anyway. Because they don't seem to necessarily wait for solid, round figures like 10,20,30,40 million. It's kind of all over the place, like Kaz has a dartboard with dates on it and a blindfold or something.

Around the Network

Amazon is back again? Finally all the crazy update work payed off!
Seriously, with the launch of the new PS4P it was a no-brainer that Sony won this month. But I am eagerly awaiting numbers for this month. The difference has to substantial for Sony when they also launched the Pro in that month.

daredevil.shark said:
thismeintiel said:

Same here.  And looking at your avatar makes the wait for Spider-Man harder.

Thanks bro.

Me too.

Intrinsic said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe NPD owns the copyrights to the numbers, and only allow Sony/Microsoft to give out certain information?

Yes NPD owns the rights to the numbers. And MS and co. pay to get accesss to those numbers on the grounds that they can't share the information. But that's put in place so Sony doesnt go announcing to the world what MS numbers are if MS doesmt want the world to know. 

What I don't know tho is why don't Sony share PS numbers. It's their own numbers and they have the right to disclose that information if they want. I mean, as bad as nintendo was getting it they still shared their monthly numbers. So what gives?

PS may just want to stretch out the good news over a week or two during the holidays. Start with 50 mil, then show the numbers.

Or

The numbers were literally so close that PS won't show theirs, for fear that MS will follow and show theirs. If PS4 and Pro could only ever so slightly edge out XB1S, it would look much better for MS than it would for PS.

EricHiggin said:

PS may just want to stretch out the good news over a week or two during the holidays. Start with 50 mil, then show the numbers.

Or

The numbers were literally so close that PS won't show theirs, for fear that MS will follow and show theirs. If PS4 and Pro could only ever so slightly edge out XB1S, it would look much better for MS than it would for PS.

But if that was the case MS would haven shown their numbers no ? Talk about second option...

Around the Network

That was a given considering the ps4 pro launch. Now that the ps4 slim is priced lower than the Xbox One S (at least on amazon from what I can tell) I would go as far as to say they will likely take the month of December as well now. That needed to happen.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Hiku said:
Rafie said:

Not to mention Persona 5 for NA. That's a lot of exclusives already for PS4 in February. Gravity Rush 2 wouldn't even be a month old before PS4 gets more exclusives to the console. It's gonna be difficult for Xbox to steal February for NPD.

Persona 5 was delayed to April. =p
We get Japanese voice overs as free DLC as an apology though.

Oh damn I forgot about that. My fault. NIoH takes its place then.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Where's that user who said Sony announced 50 mirrion units sold to soften the news they would lose globally in the US in November?

jason1637 said:
Normchacho said:

Because it's not a hugely popular franchise.

The first one did 639k FM in the US. and VGC says 1.5m life time in the US with 2.6m WW.

Neodegenerate said:

Halo Wars would move xbox units the way something like FF Type-0 would move units.  Your Halo fans that enjoy the FPS experience aren't gonna play a RTS.  Hell, do you really think they would've went so long between Halo Wars games if they thought they were serious unit movers?

Xb360 sold 330k when the first one came out. The first one sold 2.6m so yes Halo fans do enjoy  RTS. It took them a while because Bungie left and 343 started Halo 4. Then MCC to push and FPS Halo. They were working on Halo Wars 2 as they were making 5,

I doubted the capability of Halo Wars pushing a good amount of consoles so I dag up a bit of information to apply context to that "330k" figure.

First of all X360 sales for March '09 was down 60k MoM. When compared to March '08 it was up MoM by 5k.

So why was Feb '09 at 390k? Exclusive GTA4 DLC, and it's very likey what attributed to March '09 being up YoY. If you want to go by VGC numbers then the weeks up to and on launch of Halo Wars, X360 sales stayed about the same. I even think X360 sales were down a little week on week.

Halo Wars was also released at the pinnicle of the Halo franchise, while Halo is still vasty popular it's not what it once was.

Then you're underestimating the hype for Horizon which will release the same month and how much Sony will push it, I've already seen adverts for it along side the Pro on Youtube. 

Halos Wars will probably shift a few consoles because it's "Halo". But don't expect it to push many console.