By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has beaten the SNES in Sales (NES next target)

http://www.vgchartz.com/platforms/

9 Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) 49.10 379.06 7.72 1,207

Above you can see the SNES sold 49.1M units. Yesterday Sony announced they have sold over 50M. So the PS4 has beaten it and moves up 1 place in all time best selling consoles. 

The NES will be it's next target at 61M. It will beat this next year. 

Around the Network

It will also outsell Snes in terms of Software Sales within a week or two. Strangely it has already has beaten 3ds Software sales considerably, not sure why 3ds is such a software dud, I never viewed it as such.

But the first console it's going to have even a chance of not beating is the Wii. I expect it will though. The generation will finish with the top 3 selling home consoles of all time being PlayStation.

Great job PS4!!! The day will come when we will make the same thread just with Wii instead of SNES!!!

Barkley said:
It will also outsell Snes in terms of Software Sales within a week or two. Strangely it has already has beaten 3ds Software sales considerably, not sure why 3ds is such a software dud, I never viewed it as such.

But the first console it's going to have even a chance of not beating is the Wii. I expect it will though. The generation will finish with the top 3 selling home consoles of all time being PlayStation.

Well software sales on dedicated hanhelds has been going down a lot. 

3DS is a lot lower than the DS. And you'd expect Switch to continue the pattern.

Dr.Vita said:
Great job PS4!!! The day will come when we will make the same thread just with Wii instead of SNES!!!

It's NES next.  Then 3DS,  psp,  360, PS3, Wii,  ps1. I think it will be the third best selling console ever behind the ps2 and DS. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Barkley said:

Handhelds sell much less software, go look at the others as well and you'll realize it.

Yeah... that's strange, I'm not entirely sure why that's the case. I guess simply because Handheld Gamers are in general more casual? I don't know.

Greatness has arrived.

Dr.Vita said:

It's NES next.  Then 3DS,  psp,  360, PS3, Wii,  ps1. I think it will be the third best selling console ever behind the ps2 and DS. 

BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:

Very likely. Don't see it hitting 160M but see it hitting over 105M (120M IMO) so yeah, second best selling console, third gaming system overall.

And that in a time  some gamers and " analyst" believed  pc gaming  would  kill consoles and this  genn would suck.

Ps4  already  beat the ps3 in its library of games in my opinion, and next year its going  to massacre  it.

Lol

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
BraLoD said:

Very likely. Don't see it hitting 160M but see it hitting over 105M (120M IMO) so yeah, second best selling console, third gaming system overall.

And that in a time  some gamers and " analyst" believed  pc gaming  would  kill consoles and this  genn would suck.

Ps4  already  beat the ps3 in its library of games in my opinion, and next year its going  to massacre  it.

Lol

The sooner they realise pc gaming and consoles and mobile gaming are all here to stay the better.