By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Laura Kate Dale teases a Switch exclusive being revealed with trailer in December, shows screenshots.

Star Tropics?

Around the Network

Switch poweeeeeeeeeeeeer

None of those picks look like gameplay (no hud). We'll see I guess.

shikamaru317 said:
h2ohno said:

Looks like it's this game.

This actually makes me sad that we're getting a third version of Sun/Moon instead of a full HD open world Pokemon game. As good as Sun/Moon are, a true open world Pokemon game would be amazing on a system that can handle Unreal Engine 4.

Gamefreak will get their eventually I think, sometime in Switch's lifetime. They're just super slow to adapt unfortunately. 

At least if Stars is a thing we won't have to wait one full year with no pokémon games for 8th gen to come, they'll likely make small changes to Sun/Moon and then take the rest of the time to make a new engine and new models for all 800 of them :D

bonzobanana said:
superchunk said:

The CPU is better, docked or not. But that is not the the point of that rumor and that rumor is definitely false. Everything actually credible points to NS being less than Xbox One.

Why do you think the Switch is more powerful in cpu performance? There are 8 jaguars in a ps4 or xbone and x86 processors tend to punch a bit above arm chips? Wasn't it something like 38,000 mips for ps4 and more for xbone and can't see the Switch matching that, 4 arm A57s are just under 37,000 mips at 2ghz and can't see them going above 2ghz but more likely less. Also cisc optimisation in the code will definitely deliver more power for the Jaguars. I'm thinking more like 80% as powerful at 2ghz. Still a fantastic amount of cpu performance for the little tablet but don't think its fair to state over.

Unless you believe there is more cpu's than the original development kit. Remember its shared memory and of low memory bandwidth 25.6GB/s there has to be space in the SOC for cache and frame buffer memory. Also factor in that new claimed battery life of 5-8hrs, performance surely has taken some sort of hit to achieve that. 

The Jaguar is a low-powered, low-end mobile CPU.  Jaguar is less powerful than a Intel i3 core. Its just not a powerful CPU.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/74543387

Additionally, latest is that NS is using a new Tegra SOC that uses BIG.little with an A73 and A57. The A73 is significantly a better chip. (see my comparison thread referenced in sig)

Also, x86 and ARM... its just not a difference anyone should care about anymore. Hit up comparisons of ARM vs i3 and i5 desktop chips, better of equivalent in benchmarks. Industry is moving towards ARM for many reasons and all middleware supports port between the two without issue. 

Even AMD is moving https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/221282-amds-first-arm-based-processor-the-opteron-a1100-is-finally-here

Around the Network

Looks interesting, but I think those screens are fake :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Small title? So, sub 20$ and digital only?

Looks alright.

superchunk said:
bonzobanana said:

Why do you think the Switch is more powerful in cpu performance? There are 8 jaguars in a ps4 or xbone and x86 processors tend to punch a bit above arm chips? Wasn't it something like 38,000 mips for ps4 and more for xbone and can't see the Switch matching that, 4 arm A57s are just under 37,000 mips at 2ghz and can't see them going above 2ghz but more likely less. Also cisc optimisation in the code will definitely deliver more power for the Jaguars. I'm thinking more like 80% as powerful at 2ghz. Still a fantastic amount of cpu performance for the little tablet but don't think its fair to state over.

Unless you believe there is more cpu's than the original development kit. Remember its shared memory and of low memory bandwidth 25.6GB/s there has to be space in the SOC for cache and frame buffer memory. Also factor in that new claimed battery life of 5-8hrs, performance surely has taken some sort of hit to achieve that. 

The Jaguar is a low-powered, low-end mobile CPU.  Jaguar is less powerful than a Intel i3 core. Its just not a powerful CPU.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/74543387

Additionally, latest is that NS is using a new Tegra SOC that uses BIG.little with an A73 and A57. The A73 is significantly a better chip. (see my comparison thread referenced in sig)

Also, x86 and ARM... its just not a difference anyone should care about anymore. Hit up comparisons of ARM vs i3 and i5 desktop chips, better of equivalent in benchmarks. Industry is moving towards ARM for many reasons and all middleware supports port between the two without issue. 

Even AMD is moving https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/221282-amds-first-arm-based-processor-the-opteron-a1100-is-finally-here

I see you think the Switch will have a pretty much standard Tegra SOC and not the spec given for the development kit. 

I don't think your right there but will be very happy if you are.

Tower in the background reminds me of Lost in Shadow. It's funny not a Team Ico fan but I love similar kinds of games. rain,Lost in Shadow,Brothers a Tale of two Sons,Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom. A clone on switch would be amazing,if that is what it is. Either way I am interested.