By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo aiming 5 to 8 hours battery life with Switch

if it got 8 hrs, that'd do me by great for those long flights/journeys.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

That is great news!

I wonder if the boost in battery life is coming from Nintendo adding a larger battery into the Joycon sides. From a design POV, if you needed to boost the battery life, that would be the best way to do it.

You keep as much space in the central unit open for air flow to keep the system cool.

Chazore said:
if it got 8 hrs, that'd do me by great for those long flights/journeys.

Just buy a $8 USB-USB C cable. Most planes these days have a USB charging port, you could play for 12 hours straight or whatever if you wanted to that way. 

5 hours of non stop gaming would be great. I am hoping to be able to stream music over 4G to a Bluetooth headset or Speaker for 8 hours a day, while being able to recieve calls and text, and have enough juice to game during the 1 hour of breaks I get. If I can do that everyday, and only have to plug in when I hit the car for the drive home then I will be more than happy.

The 12th of January can't come soon enough. I hope I can finally be rid of these P.O.S. Me Too ios and android slabs once and for all.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Miyamotoo said:

New 3DS XL has battery life up to around 7 hours.

Wow! If I were not attached to my two day one 3DS consoles, I would probably upgrade for that feature. But attachment is attachment and defies logic and reasoning. Lol.

Just have thats max for New 3DS XL, most likely on lowest brightness settings and without WiFi connection.

KBG29 said:
5 hours of non stop gaming would be great. I am hoping to be able to stream music over 4G to a Bluetooth headset or Speaker for 8 hours a day, while being able to recieve calls and text, and have enough juice to game during the 1 hour of breaks I get. If I can do that everyday, and only have to plug in when I hit the car for the drive home then I will be more than happy.

The 12th of January can't come soon enough. I hope I can finally be rid of these P.O.S. Me Too ios and android slabs once and for all.

I don't see it doing calls and texts along with wireless music streams tbh. I think Nintendo want it to be a hyrbid gaming console. Not a tablet that already exists for Skype and music.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So final dev kits not being changed means Tegra X1 power correct?

I'm sure they will sell batteries with extra power sepparately, to try and reduce costs on the base product. But if it has a regular AC adapter, I suppose 4-5h of battery might not be as bad as we thought, if we can just connect it to any plug.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm expecting no more than 4-5 hours from the Switch tablet when undocked.
If they can manage to get 8 hours out of it while keeping the price to that rumored $250-300 range, that'd be fantastic!