By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo aiming 5 to 8 hours battery life with Switch

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
So final dev kits not being changed means Tegra X1 power correct?

Those rumoured previous dev kits were not 100% accurate, people said they close to real but not exactly same. And this guy is claiming that Switch is using Tegra X2 (Pascal based) not Tegra X1.

Turkish said:
If you knew how batteries worked, you'd know it's likely gonna be 3-5 hours long, with graphics heavy titles like Zelda on the shorter end. Nintendo can't do magic or invent new batteries holding more juice.

Nintendo can't, buy new efficient tech (Tegra x2 Pascal) and bigger battery can.

Right on. Link?

Around the Network

5 hours is really the minimum acceptable.

I'd be ok with 6 hours and no wifi on.

If they manage this they will dodge a bullet!
If you want to sell portability, it's gotta be worth it.

That would be heaven!

I think its very likely they used the tegra x1 chip in the devkits and now are using a custom pascal chip with similar performance but better energy effiency.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I'm willing to accept 3-5 so this is great if true .

mobile gaming is always about compromises.

if the battery performance is better the power will be lower. They could basically use a similar ship higher clocked with more power but less energy effiency ;) Its always a trade if so if your fine with 3-5 hrs this shouldnt be "great" for you if you want an system thats as powerfull as possible

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Those rumoured previous dev kits were not 100% accurate, people said they close to real but not exactly same. And this guy is claiming that Switch is using Tegra X2 (Pascal based) not Tegra X1.

Nintendo can't, buy new efficient tech (Tegra x2 Pascal) and bigger battery can.

Right on. Link?

Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale and Nate Drake said that. I don't have links, that wasn't something recent, try to find them alone..

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Right on. Link?

Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale and Nate Drake said that. I don't have links, that wasn't something recent, try to find them alone..

I am trying too. Don't see anything from him. Last I heard, everything was pointing at X1 (from Eurogamer, which is easy to find). 

My wallet is ready.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I am trying too. Don't see anything from him. Last I heard, everything was pointing at X1 (from Eurogamer, which is easy to find). 

Go through this thread. ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1297191