By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - POLL: Should PHANTASY STAR franchise be rebooted?

Should PHANTASY STAR franchise be rebooted?

OMG... YES!!! 47 75.81%

No...pso killed the franchise... 12 19.35%

what the hell is a phantasy star? 3 4.84%

Total:62

^ Boom!

Around the Network
squibbfire said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo rebooted it in Xenoblade Chronicles X lol but yes I would love one.

again XCX... is horrifically wasted on the WII U

Still doesn't mean Monolith Soft isn't the perfect dev to make a Phantasy Star.

squibbfire said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo rebooted it in Xenoblade Chronicles X lol but yes I would love one.

Fantastic game that looks amazing. Not a waste at all.

bigtakilla said:
squibbfire said:

Still doesn't mean Monolith Soft isn't the perfect dev to make a Phantasy Star.

Agreed. I'd even accept a Phantasy Star X Xenoblade Chronicles crossover like game.

It doesn't need to be rebooted, it needs availability in the damn West. When was the last time we got a proper PSO game in the west?!

Around the Network

Definitely. Phantasy Star series is very underrated imo. A reboot could help to establish the series (especially in the west).

Fei-Hung said:
It doesn't need to be rebooted, it needs availability in the damn West. When was the last time we got a proper PSO game in the west?!

PSO won't work in US..they tried...you have a game that costs 10 bucks a month(pso still charge?) and psn thats 10 bucks a month...no no no..20 bucks a month thats all over now. i don't know if you noticed but MMos lost all of their luster...they need a few years out of the spotlight...there is rumors that wow is talking about a major reboot or a sequel series....to refresh themselves

Phantasy star needs to be single player sandboxed/rpg. Thats what gamers are leaning towards...

You really think people are gonna play the same 4 new first person shooters a year for the next 10 years?

Skyrim sold almost 400k when it was rereleased last month...it was released years ago

The time of change is now!

SegataSanshiro said:
squibbfire said:

Guys...its on a dead console. they should make it a multiplatformers ASAP.

AND YES...the wii U is officially DEAD and every game for it is stuck being sold the the same 13 million systems.

squibbfire said:
Fei-Hung said:

PSO won't work in US..they tried...you have a game that costs 10 bucks a month(pso still charge?) and psn thats 10 bucks a month...no no no..20 bucks a month thats all over now. i don't know if you noticed but MMos lost all of their luster...they need a few years out of the spotlight...there is rumors that wow is talking about a major reboot or a sequel series....to refresh themselves

Phantasy star needs to be single player sandboxed/rpg. Thats what gamers are leaning towards...

You really think people are gonna play the same 4 new first person shooters a year for the next 10 years?

Skyrim sold almost 400k when it was rereleased last month...it was released years ago

The time of change is now!

I'm on about the one on the DC and original Xbox not the Payg one. 

If they remade it like Destiny with expansion packs, co-op missions, sp missions, daily and weekly missions, quests and bounties etc it would be brilliant. 

squibbfire said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Guys...its on a dead console. they should make it a multiplatformers ASAP.

AND YES...the wii U is officially DEAD and every game for it is stuck being sold the the same 13 million systems.

I think we can all agree, don't start development for it on the Wii U, lol.