By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle $249.99 December 11 Through December 24

I think $250 is the proper price for it.

Around the Network
tak13 said:

I know it and i'm so satisfied by that! Not just selling more than PS3 but also profiting a lot unlike PS3 which was a financial disaster... That's awesome!

As regards MS, xbox division it's the least significant division of MS...

They make insane amount of money every quarter! For example they're going to drown from the profits of the expensive/overpriced well-selling surface book.

Of course, it would be better to make profit on hardware, losses are not a good thing and disgruntle  investors but MS isn't relying on xbox... Also, I don't like the fact that they have burnt so many money on xbox division but they they can easily afford to do that, hence they care more for the installbase size/commercial success, and profiting on software/online subscription by extend.

They can sell it for 150 if they want and they won't get in trouble, but of course that wouldn't be wise move for obvious reasons...

If xbox had become MS biggest division, and they would rely on it, then they would be under pressure to make profit on hardware...

@normachacho this reply is also for you...

P.S

I'm not an xbox fan, so some people may not like to argue with a non xbox fan who's defending it... eh?

This really isn't how business works. MS doesn't need the Xbox to survive works in both wsys. If they dont care enough about its sucess then they could also stop caring to invest money into it. Cause in business that money spent on xbox vould have been better spent in some more profitable venture. 

And no, they can't sell it for $150 if they want and not get into trouble. If each XB1 cost around $260 to make and they bite $100 on each unit and sell 10M of those at that price in a year. then they have lost $1BL just like that. And this is just on hardware and not talking about all the money spent on marketing and software development. 

But you know what? Maybe you are right, maybe the Xbox is the least significant division in MS. Could explain why they are closing studios and not trying to match so y on first party output. Which makes me wonder, what kinda person spends their money on a platform that even its manufacturer doesn't take seriously?

Intrinsic said:
tak13 said:

I know it and i'm so satisfied by that! Not just selling more than PS3 but also profiting a lot unlike PS3 which was a financial disaster... That's awesome!

As regards MS, xbox division it's the least significant division of MS...

They make insane amount of money every quarter! For example they're going to drown from the profits of the expensive/overpriced well-selling surface book.

Of course, it would be better to make profit on hardware, losses are not a good thing and disgruntle  investors but MS isn't relying on xbox... Also, I don't like the fact that they have burnt so many money on xbox division but they they can easily afford to do that, hence they care more for the installbase size/commercial success, and profiting on software/online subscription by extend.

They can sell it for 150 if they want and they won't get in trouble, but of course that wouldn't be wise move for obvious reasons...

If xbox had become MS biggest division, and they would rely on it, then they would be under pressure to make profit on hardware...

@normachacho this reply is also for you...

P.S

I'm not an xbox fan, so some people may not like to argue with a non xbox fan who's defending it... eh?

This really isn't how business works. MS doesn't need the Xbox to survive works in both wsys. If they dont care enough about its sucess then they could also stop caring to invest money into it. Cause in business that money spent on xbox vould have been better spent in some more profitable venture. 

And no, they can't sell it for $150 if they want and not get into trouble. If each XB1 cost around $260 to make and they bite $100 on each unit and sell 10M of those at that price in a year. then they have lost $1BL just like that. And this is just on hardware and not talking about all the money spent on marketing and software development. 

But you know what? Maybe you are right, maybe the Xbox is the least significant division in MS. Could explain why they are closing studios and not trying to match so y on first party output. Which makes me wonder, what kinda person spends their money on a platform that even its manufacturer doesn't take seriously?

Not again... Read the bolded!  I cite what is right from business perspective. ;)

By not getting in  trouble, I mean not  getting in the danger of bankruptcy Intrinsic.

They would lose 1b, so what? They lost almost 4b with xbox 360... I metion that such a price cut would be irrational though, don't you see it? 

If they can afford to lose so many money, why not if it's about to sell more units and have a commercial success, more brand awareness? I wish my favorite company would be able of doing this, wii u would have sold significantly more units.

I think that they are off-setting sowewhat  the loss on hardware by  earning some money from software sales and online subscriptions!

As I said, perhaps they care only for its commercial success and not the financial success... MS is a company  which  is making  loads of money from other divisions and are enough, are they in need to make more by sell the xbox hardware on profit?

Why not having a 50m selling product to brag about ?

P.S So Sony should have left PS3 at 600$. Also, why sony invested  so much in PS4 ( rightly ) after PS3 fiancial disaster and not to a more profitable venture?

tak13 said:

They would lose 1b, so what? They lost almost 4b with xbox 360... I metion that such a price cut would be irrational though, don't you see it? 

If they can afford to lose so many money, why not if it's about to sell more units and have a commercial success, more brand awareness? I wish my favorite company would be able of doing this, wii u would have sold significantly more units.

I think that they are off-setting sowewhat  the loss on hardware by  earning some money from software sales and online subscriptions!

As I said, perhaps they care only for its commercial success and not the financial success... MS is a company  which  is making  loads of money from other divisions and are enough, are they in need to make more by sell the xbox hardware on profit?

Why not having a 50m selling product to brag about ?

P.S So Sony should have left PS3 at 600$. Also, why sony invested  so much in PS4 ( rightly ) after PS3 fiancial disaster and not to a more profitable venture?

Brag about? Smh.....

And Sony investing so much in PS4.... sony did that because Sony takes the OS brand way more seriously than MS takes the XB brand. Or Sony has smarter people ushering where the OS brand goes to as opposed to MS. I don't know, but with Sony you had them drop prices and start buying studio after studio all during the PS3 gen. They didn't just build a library of games, they built an army of devs and studios. And they did all that in the worst generation of in PS history. While MS has been dropping studios and not pushing any new IPs. 

I think that should tell you all you need to know about both of those companies. 

Price slashing is a reactionary move, if you find yourself in a console war and the only weapon you have in your arsenal is to go cheaper then you have already lost. 

That is one amazing price for a PS4, I mean people questioned the little cuts on things like the UHD player but still if it lets Sony sell that powerhouse for this price and be profitable, that's fantastic design work.

Also this is including what is still a €50 game with it, so you are looking at €200 more or less for the price of the console, that is just a steal for what you are getting in terms of hardware power, online network and so many players to join online.

Here is a sickening thought, that cost is around €50-100 Less than the RRP of the Wii-U currently as it flies into the Holiday season. Just literally left out there to die a slow yet profitable death for Nintendo in its own way.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
tak13 said:
betacon said:

That's not how business works, Microsoft turn massive profits and with the capital they invest into the xbox divion is clearly below their normal standard, long history of investors wanting them to sell off xbox.

PS stop bringing crap fanboi talk into it, learn to have a mature discussion

Xbox fanboy? See you after two, three, four days? Just because you don't like my opinion, don't deem it as an immature standpoint of an xbox fanboy ( I'm not a fanboy in general, not even an xbox fan )

At least, I'm providing arguments not plainly assuming things and I have writed an argument from business perspective...

Do you see me applauding bleeding money?

P.s

Thanks for  the offense! With this behavior you prove me right... We cannot have a mature discussion with insults!

I never called you a xboxboy, I simply said stop bringing crap relating to people's preference and taking insult to someone's opinion. Disagree all you like just don't go into immature comments. 

JRPGfan said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think it was built to make a profit at $250.

^ this, many of us where expecting a 249$ price point.

Imagine how much profit they were making at $299!!

Very smart move by them. 

celador said:
Should just make it the price going forward. Probably will early next year anyway.

You are forgetting that they did the exact same thing last year with the 299$ price point (make it the BF deal, "bring it back" for two weeks in december) and they didn't cut the price until the Slim launched in september.

Teeqoz said:
celador said:
Should just make it the price going forward. Probably will early next year anyway.

You are forgetting that they did the exact same thing last year with the 299$ price point (make it the BF deal, "bring it back" for two weeks in december) and they didn't cut the price until the Slim launched in september.

Kinda makes the whole "line up for Black Friday" stuff bunk, you could just walk into any store and get the same price without having to deal all the crazies on Black Friday. 

Soundwave said:
Teeqoz said:

Kinda makes the whole "line up for Black Friday" stuff bunk, you could just walk into any store and get the same price without having to deal all the crazies on Black Friday. 

Personally I expected this move already since the same thing happened last year. There's also the fact that both Sony and MS should have a decent bit of leeway in the price. I mean, the PS4 and the XBO has only dropped 100$ from their launch prices (not including special deals obviously), which is 25% in 3 years. Meanwhile the PS2  dropped from 300$ to 200$ in 2 years. That's a much bigger relative reduction and in a substantially shorter time frame as well. Clearly Sony (and I'm guessing MS will follow suit) are using this leeway to make deals seem better when in reality these are the prices that would've been normal in the market before by this time in their life cycles. In fact, I think the fact that the pricecuts have been going so slowly this gen is the biggest indicator that this gen, just like last gen, will last quite a while.